Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? on headlights and I saw something sad today

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 11:39 PM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: ? on headlights and I saw something sad today

I am in lexington KY and it is a shame how many mustangs around here are destroyed by idiots.

THere are VERY few mustangs that are nice around here. Most are either beat up or riced out.
NIce saleen in town with Type R badges on the side.......

There are just a few nice ones and mine is one !!
Old 06-01-2005, 12:21 AM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

It's really too bad these idiots cannot appreciate their Mustangs. There's a justifiable theft if I ever saw one. I'm sure "Daddy" bought it for her. Spoiled brat. I've had to work my butt off for everything I've ever owned. When my Mustang arrives it will see the best of care. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like putting my feet on the carpet! Maybe I'm not loosing my mind waiting for my car after all.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:57 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Yeah, it's amazing how much more you appreciate something when you've really had to work hard to get it. I had to save for what seemed like forever to buy my first car for 1200 bucks (back in '78, it was a '72 455 Grand Prix). I worked on it all the time, and loved it. Probably more than any car I've had since. People that get nothing but handouts never "get it", they spend all their time and energy on getting their next "entitlement". And it's never enough. Buy them a Mustang, they want a beemer. Buy them a beemer, they want a Mercedes. Etc. If you ever get a chance, read "The Millionaire Next Door", it's a great read about the "hyper consumer" crowd raised with the silver spoons. They are not the millionaires by the way, they are the ones that everyone thinks are rich because they live such an affluent lifestyle. The real millionaires you'll never recognize, they shop at Walmart, eat at Taco Bell, buy Ford pickups to drive. It's an interesting book
Old 06-01-2005, 01:01 AM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

I worked my way through college on scholarships and working in the afternoons.
I got a good job making decent money and I bought myself a present! I earned that Mustang! and it shows!!!!
Mine is spotless and will hopefully remain that way as long as I can keep it that way. I am proud of it! I think most of the people on this site are proud of their cars

......as for the mustang abuse.......Well lets put it this way - the worse another one looks, the better mine does!!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 02:16 AM
Phillyblunt474
2nd Gear Member

I got my first car for free.. it was a 1985 jeep cj-7 in tip top condition... Ive spent around 20 grand and made it amazing... its my favorite car, even above my stang. I bought the GT i had my self, and was driving it when the drunk hit me and totaled it... Now i have my 04 Mach 1.... so much fun, so satisfying to have a car i earned and i take care of..
Old 06-01-2005, 03:13 AM
capin

Who knows.............

Maybe it WAS daddys car.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:27 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: don_w

#1) I just wash mine with Meguiars car wash/shampoo when I wash the car. In between, I have used Meguiars Mist Detailer... that works nice for lights and paint. I wouldn't use Windex or anything like that.

#2) Evidently, she didn't pay for the car herself. It was either bought by "daddy" or was a rental. I don't even like people's feet on the carpet mats in mine! lol
These are just the products I use - Meguiars Mist Detailer is awesome stuff!
Old 06-01-2005, 05:55 AM
samckernan

ORIGINAL: JC74

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

Heh, I quit smokin a week after I made up my mind on getting a mustang. so far so good, 10 days n goin!
[sm=smiley32.gif]
That's awesome dude you got the right idea. Spend that much money on something nice why ruin it with ashes and burn marks. Myself 3.5 years.
Way to go guys. Keep it up.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:28 AM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 281GT

It's really too bad these idiots cannot appreciate their Mustangs. There's a justifiable theft if I ever saw one. I'm sure "Daddy" bought it for her. Spoiled brat. I've had to work my butt off for everything I've ever owned. When my Mustang arrives it will see the best of care. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like putting my feet on the carpet! Maybe I'm not loosing my mind waiting for my car after all.
I'm considering putting off some mods to get my driveway paved so my mats will stay cleaner longer. I hate telling people to kick their feet before they get in because i'm affraid they will scuff my paint or my sills.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:57 AM
MobyDickDog
2nd Gear Member

First, simply wash the lens with soap, water and a soft cloth.

THEN,

These are the products that I use on my Harley windshield:

Novus #1 Plastic Clean & Shine (This actually makes cleaning the bugs off very easy.)

Novus #2 Fine Scratch Remover (I haven't had to use this too much because I don't have many scratches) or

Plexus Plastic Cleaner Protectant & Polish

These products are Antifog, Antistatic, Dust Repellent. If I just had to pick one of these it would be the Novus brand. But, it really is a toss up!!

The best place to find these are Motorcycle shop, On-line, Parts stores

Quick Reply: ? on headlights and I saw something sad today