Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommended suspension upgrades??

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 02:28 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Recommended suspension upgrades??

ORIGINAL: delurker

Too lazy to install the panhard bar? Dayum, you don't even have to jack her up unless you've been eating lots of donuts your whole life...
It was late at night.. I have been working 13 hours a day to pay for Mr. ATI .. the brm bar looks nice and I do have to get that in. I'm a little confused about the adjustments.. some how I'm suppose to adjust it while its on the ground!! I install the eibach sports kit so its slammed... no way in hell can I fit under it.. (and yes I eat allot of donuts ) PLUS.. how can you adjust the axle when you have all that weight on those tires? thats like trying to spread my ex-girlfriends legs while shes standing up. IT CANT BE DONE [&o] ..

F1Fan or anyone= now that I slammed my car.. the eibach sports is a little bouncy.. whats the best shocks I can use (and cheap) to help me stop bouncing around like I'm in compton or englewood(sorry dan ) ??
Old 06-02-2005, 02:46 AM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

ORIGINAL: delurker

Too lazy to install the panhard bar? Dayum, you don't even have to jack her up unless you've been eating lots of donuts your whole life...
Blah blah blah lame excuses blah blah .. the brm bar looks nice and I do have to get that in. I'm a little confused about the adjustments.. some how I'm suppose to adjust it while its on the ground!! I install the eibach sports kit so its slammed... no way in hell can I fit under it.. (and yes I eat allot of donuts ) PLUS.. how can you adjust the axle when you have all that weight on those tires? thats like blah blah won't go there blah blah
I would lift the rear of the car and use some even-height blocks under each of the rear tires to hold the car off the ground - large ones so the car doesn't roll off the blocks and crush you. You are adjusting by turning a bar with threaded ends, so each rotation won't move that much, and the weight of the car is supported by the springs, so you're just shifting the car over a bit. I did mine without jacking and it was very little effort to do the actual adjustment.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:58 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

cool.. thanks for the info.. If I dont reply in a few days then you will know if rolled off the blocks .. good night all
Old 06-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I got behind some kids F150 this morning on the way to work... he had put fatties on it and lowered it like maybe 9" so it sat like a car.

He obviously didn't make any adjustments to the rear axel Panhard Bar.

Anyone here know what Dog Tracking is?.... welll... if you were behind this guy - you would have quickly figured it out.

It almost drove me so nuts I ended up passing him so I didn't have to keep looking at it! sort of drives you nutty seeing a car go down the highway sideways!
Old 06-02-2005, 11:49 PM
jagbits
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

damn jagbits, all I see you doing is buying this and that.. haha. I too would recomment bmr .. I lowered my stang with the eibach sports line and ordered the panhard bar from them... I was too lazy and left the bar out.. but its nice quality.. I will have to save that for another project. as for the springs.. I would not go that low.. my car handles great now.. but its a little too bumpy.. so now I have to get shocks or something.
Lostsoul, my Jaguar parts business has been growing faster than I ever imagined it would, but it's all due to hard work, great search engine rankings, and the best customer service possible. And of course the fact that Jaguars unlike Mustangs ALWAYS need parts! I am about to hire a full time salesperson in 2 weeks which will give me more time to drive my GT and hopefully less time to buy stuff for it!! I work on and off all day 7 days a week so I reward myself with whatever makes me feel good. I have always been obsessive about cars and motorcycles. It seems like I hate leaving them stock. I always want to improve the cars and bikes I have. After I gave up the bikes, I bought my first Vette and loved it. I still love them but they don't have the back seat and I have 4 kids. I also don't have $55,000 for a new Z06 so I thought the Mustang was a bargain. I gotta tell ya I really love this car!! I love making it look better and go faster. I am 40 so in another 10 years I will probably be broke from weddings and college with my 4 girls so I am trying to enjoy life before that happens!!!
Old 06-03-2005, 01:16 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

sweet... I dont blame you.. After Nortel dumped me and 50 thousand others I was out of a jobe for a good year.. then I hit rock bottom and got a job at dhl part time moving boxes and part time at best buy looking at young girls asking poppa to fix their pc's. Mean while I was liffing with momma in a small place in a ghetto city.. then a year ago I got this job sbc. so I hate the job.. it under pays.. but I can make $$ with ot.. so I do 13 hours a day 6 days a week.. so after 8 months of saving up. So now I was on my own new city.. making some moeny.. and what did I go do... buy a mustang. I put 6K down... so that was a dumb move.. and what do I do after that to back it up.. buy a procharger.. hahahah.. so if I lose my job soon someone will get a fast yellow mustang .. but I worked hard.. so I want to enjoy it. but dumb.. very dumb.. I just hope it dont get it at the end
Old 06-03-2005, 01:22 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

gowd that sory was messed up.. redraft... hahaha... I have to tell my cust to stop talking while I write in these forums , anywya.. you get the message.. I think
Old 06-03-2005, 01:33 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

ahaha.. man I got issues.. hahaha.. I'm done with this post.. hahahah I cant do 10 things at once..