Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I AM SUING FORD!!!!Please Read, I need your help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

But who doesn't race their car or drive it hard after modding it? I wouldn't be surprised if half the people here had a little rubber up there.

I guess they can all write off their warranties then. In this case I'm not sure it was the dealer - it was an adjuster from the company itself that made the decision yes?
Old 12-11-2008, 05:34 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

it all depends on the dealership...some can overlook all the modifications done to the car and diagnose it's issue, fix them and let you be on your way, while others see a CAI and put a red flag on your account...

good luck in your lawsuit, but it's very possible you are in a no-win situation which could could cost you more in the long run
Old 12-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Cuzzo
2nd Gear Member

These cars are meant to handle some abuse so wtf!?!? I also don't think they can assume you are an aggresive driver based off what your car looks like, stereotyping. my aunt in CA had a similar problem with her Mercedes. Every week had some problem with it and Mercedes didn't want to pay. She sued them and they settled for a new car + $20,000, some months down the line. Good Luck
Old 12-11-2008, 05:51 PM
brendend
4th Gear Member

when i had my first stang i had 2 bring it in cuz it was running rough. ended up havin 2 dead coil packs. i went in with the tune intake and exhaust still on and they didnt say anything to me other then nice car. some dealers are sticklers and others are easier
Old 12-11-2008, 05:53 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

That's some bad luck...but I didn't know these little torque monsters ate up rear ends!

No one buys a MUSTANG to baby it from point A to point B. How could the rear end just fall out like that?
Old 12-11-2008, 06:00 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
That's some bad luck...but I didn't know these little torque monsters ate up rear ends!

No one buys a MUSTANG to baby it from point A to point B. How could the rear end just fall out like that?
+1, something serious went wrong, and unless they can prove that it was you that caused this it's on them.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:15 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

ask the dealer and the adjuster where the aggressive driver claus is in there warranty? They cant void your warranty because they think your an agressive driver. Also, ask them where they think the used rubber goes after 20K mile of driving. Of course 99% of educated people realize rubber is a solid that wears. They are hopping you jsut go away or pay ford for the repair.

Glad I'm in TX that wouldnt happen here...we have gun permits!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:17 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

OP i know this is extremely off topic, but can you post some more pictures of your car? Thanks
Old 12-11-2008, 06:30 PM
ruffrydertx
1st Gear Member

Talking

Originally Posted by schapman
ask the dealer and the adjuster where the aggressive driver claus is in there warranty? They cant void your warranty because they think your an agressive driver. Also, ask them where they think the used rubber goes after 20K mile of driving. Of course 99% of educated people realize rubber is a solid that wears. They are hopping you jsut go away or pay ford for the repair.

Glad I'm in TX that wouldnt happen here...we have gun permits!
+1 take em to the bank...make them pay for the rear end, lawyer and court costs, i like that agressive driver clause...see what else you can get out of the deal...i say milk it and them for all they are worth
Old 12-11-2008, 06:31 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat
ok....i would have purchased a new rear end for about 1K with 4.10s installed instead of getting a lawyer involved and paying out the wazoo for something you wont win
I agree with that, but Ford will pay without too much than 1 lawyers letter FOR SURE!

Quick Reply: I AM SUING FORD!!!!Please Read, I need your help.