Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I AM SUING FORD!!!!Please Read, I need your help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

I would think that he could force them to pay court costs and lawyer fees.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:42 PM
david01130
4th Gear Member

that sucks Im sorry to hear that if you have the time and energy to go through with sueing someone like ford then go ahead. If I were you I would have just gone to another dealership. I use to have an 04 F150 with an 8" lift and 37s and was offroading in some dunes in 4x4 and broke my front driveshaft and burn out my tranny so it wouldnt go into reverse. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the tranny and driveshaft under warranty and I didnt pay a penny. It all depends on the dealer.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:45 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Not sure I agree with taking them to court. I don't see why they can't just say that you increased the horsepower of your car and thus the parts didn't hold up. I agree that the parts should and normally do hold up to minor modifications but if they honor your warrantee, where do they draw the line? Are they going to start honoring the warrantee of 900 horsepower mustangs that have their axles snap? Just playing the devil's advocate here...
Old 12-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

I would look at it as a perfect time to upgrade my gears etc. It sucks but when you mod your car and take it to the dealership what exactly do you expect. But if you want to spend money on a lawyer and most likely lose go ahead.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:54 PM
ruski0suka3
1st Gear Member

BUMP BUMP
My dealership is Galpin Ford. The only mods I have is exhaust and intake. i do not drag race or take it to the tracks. Ideally I want them to fix the car and the costs are about 3k. The reason why im making a big deal is because of the fact I didnt do anything with suspension, engine, and powertrain in case I had a problem with the car i wouldnt get screwed over but now I am. Depends what it is going to cost me, you all are right, but consider my situation You all would be frustrated as F*** and pissed and etc. I didnt want to do anything with gears such as 4:10 if situation like this would arise cuz I do have the warranty. What do 4:10 gears exactly do again. Quicker acceleration?
Old 12-11-2008, 06:55 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by schapman

Glad I'm in TX that wouldnt happen here...we have gun permits!
What does that mean exactly? You would have shot the adjuster? Would that have helped?

Help me out here, I don't get it...
Old 12-11-2008, 06:57 PM
distant.soldier
1st Gear Member

Actually Ford does have something in the warranty that they can void your warranty if they think you are an aggressive driver or that you are racing.

Personally I believe that they just don't want to pay...
I would sue...and I would ask for the car to be fixed + LAWYERS FEES! and depending...maybe a little more...for missing work and whatnot.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:58 PM
ruski0suka3
1st Gear Member

Galpin is extremely chill because of GAS - Galpin Auto Sports. I do wanna sue for the car as well. I do want to milk them but want to find out if there are other cases similar to mine that settled.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:00 PM
abarker8541
3rd Gear Member

go to another dealership man. tell them how one dealership is fu99ing you over and how you will always go to them for new car and maintenance purchases. butter their asses a little.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:04 PM
ruffrydertx
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by abarker8541
go to another dealership man. tell them how one dealership is fu99ing you over and how you will always go to them for new car and maintenance purchases. butter their asses a little.
try another dealership but dont say anything that the other dealership wouldnt fix it...just say what went wrong and see the bull they fling at you if they do...and compare...its the same co, same war, and they should give you the same reason for not being able to fix it...if not just more sh !t for court

Quick Reply: I AM SUING FORD!!!!Please Read, I need your help.