Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thought I would try this out.....opinions needed?

Old 12-13-2008, 09:58 AM
roadracer516
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by StangHarley
Trust me. I understand wind, cold and tolerance for both. As far as the ladies go -- either one of us would be the richest man on Earth if we figured them out.
My Harley friends gave me a giant rash of pooh for buying a car (first one in about 14 years). They're still my friends and ridin' buddies, but I do what I want. As well as you do too, my friend. I guess the wind screen just reminds me of a windshield on a bike. I'd rather drive a car. Plenty of guys I know have windshields and I give them crap about it.
Having looked at your pics again, I still believe the black boot would be a tremendous plus. One other thought might be to embroider a pony or Mustang insignia on the front and/or back of the headrests. Maybe not a full embroidery but an outline. It might be cheaper than black accents on the seats.
No malice intended. I think we're all friends here.
Tell the gals who want more turbulence where to find me.
LOL...............I ride a motorcycle every day (not a Harley) and have just as many miles riding motorcycles as I do driving cars. As far as a windscreen on a motorcycle for long distance / foul weather = ABSOLUTE must have. Riding a bike with no windscreen is very fatiguing. I currently ride a 2004 FJR1300..............not only a windscreen, but an adjustable windscreen to boot! Two wheels rock.....peace!
Old 12-13-2008, 10:02 AM
roadracer516
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157db
Still cant figure out what the 'these' are that you are refering to.
I didnt read the other replies so as to not be biased with my opinion.
But those headrests are the wrong color and the Blue Ford Oval
center caps look out of place on those fanblades. GT rims with
V6 centercaps? Too each his own.....
Yes, we are talking about the headrests and thanks for the clarification. As far as the fan blade wheels with ford oval center caps, that is a new one to me? Are they supposed to say "GT"? This is how they came from the dealer and no one has ever mentioned it before you. Thanks
Old 12-13-2008, 10:08 AM
roadracer516
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mpaint99
Ace the headrest,windscreen and the starbucks coffee. All 3 belong in a Beemer.Is it your wife car? Then its okay.
OOPS.....this isn't a BMW....$hit that was my last car! I will probably heed your advice on the headrests, but I drink coffee one day a week and that is Friday's, the one and only day I drive a car to work. And, the windscreen allow me to drive with the top down in much colder weather and I would rather drive with the top down........it is a convertible.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

The headrests look ghetto. I'm not a fan of the way the windscreen looks, but they really are practical. Kind of like driving with the top down, but the windows up. I understand why people do it, but it looks stupid.

So to sum up, lose the headrest. Keep the windscreen, but only when no one is looking. Or better yet, lose the windscreen, and get a woman with shorter hair.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:11 PM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

I donno about those head rests Im on the fence about em myself. I see what ypur trying to do (maybe) its like the 2 tone cars with body colour on the lower portion and black on the upper portion. With the black vert top and black head rests it kinda goes along those lines I guess (if this even makes any sense to anyone). Maybe its the pictures, Im sure it looks a bit better in person though. Interesting direction you took that.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:47 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by roadracer516
Yes, we are talking about the headrests and thanks for the clarification. As far as the fan blade wheels with ford oval center caps, that is a new one to me? Are they supposed to say "GT"? This is how they came from the dealer and no one has ever mentioned it before you. Thanks
No, they dont say 'GT' on them.
So they work for a V6 with FanBlades
without being classified as a poser.
Its the pony tri-bar emblem thats on them.
I think thats what comes on the FanBlades.
Let me check my literature library.....
Could not find the FanBlades with a pic.
Attached Thumbnails Thought I would try this out.....opinions needed?-bullittcaps.jpg  

Last edited by 157dB; 12-13-2008 at 04:41 PM.