Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

advise:do you like my car??

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 12:24 PM
ralphmustang
2nd Gear Member

Default advise:do you like my car??

Hi ,

I am Ralph from The Netherlands Europe and have GT 2005 and have done already a lot on my car a lots of chrome inside and outside ,new hood etc

But know I am thinking of making the middle of the car black from the front bumper to the rear bumper ...i think it will look awesome...
Some guy did it in photoshop already for me...an add some other pics where you can see cars already with 2 tone.
could not load up pics here,so please go to my album of my account
and give my good advise because you guys in the USA know how to dress a car...
Old 12-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Your car would look slightly better stock according to my girlfriend.

Last edited by Legion5; 12-13-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:28 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i dont like those stick on things on your front fender but other then that the car looks good and i would paint it like the roush or the yellow one
Old 12-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

Hi Ralph. Great car, but I'm not a big fan of that wide blacked-out look. The GT500 has great lines, probably the best lines of any Mustang, and that big wide stripe is all anyone would notice if you did that. I would go with dual racing stripes in a color that only slightly contrasts the silver color of your car. Maybe a pale, flat or mineral grey, or even chrome (they can actually do that with paint now). Good luck.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:02 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

Ya I really dont care for the front grills or the stick on side ports. The grills kinda of take away from the clean look, but thats just my opinion. And I would just have the black strip on the hood like the orange mustang. Good luck!
Old 12-13-2008, 01:24 PM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

ur car is cool. take off the side vent thingys and if u black out the middle then dont take it all the way down that looks ugly to me and whoever did that photoshop is wack... im sorry im just being honest. umm as far as my opinion is concerned i just say you two-tone it. black from hood-roof-trunk and the rest leave as the stock color.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:29 PM
harraid5711
3rd Gear Member

car is pretty good.....but would look MUCH better if you ditch the side port things, do something about that grille (black billet perhaps?), and don't do the photoshopped stripe. if you're set on stripes.....with your hood the superstripe would look good. example below

Old 12-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

I think the stripe front to back would look cool it would definately be different. Everyone either does 2 stripes or a Super Snake stripe. I used my hood as the width for my stripes and only brought them to the front of the hood scoop. I was originally going to make my whole scoop black and take that stripe all the way to the back but then changed my mind. I also thought of taking smalled dual stripes over the front of the car and into the scoops and then have the scoop as the stripe width to the back.

But with your car what may look even better is to leave the fornt the same and then go to a double stripe starting at the hood scoop kind of like my hood. I also think that it would look better in Matte black.. Gloss black is just so shiny and the matte is as opposite a color as you can get .. contrast..

Anyway whatever you do will look good since you have a really nice hood as well and a good base color to start with.. good luck..
Old 12-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

Man this si some dudes idea from on this forum and he has the same hood. I really like the idea of the stripes it is really different and looks great. I have always wondered if he ever built the car as it would look frickin awesome.

Just some more ideas for you.
Attached Thumbnails advise:do you like my car??-high-aspirations-1.jpg  
Old 12-13-2008, 11:35 PM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

Hey Ralph,

It's always cool to see guys in Europe with Mustangs, especially since so many people here in the USA want to buy European cars like BMW's.

It's just my opinion, but...I like the two tone paint job. If it were up to me, I'd do it all the way from side to side. (Like the first idea you had in your pics) I think that a wide stripe up the middle doesn't look right. If you want stripes, I'd stick with dual racing stripes or the Super Snake stripes.

Good luck with whatever you may decide to do.

Quick Reply: advise:do you like my car??