Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last Straw with Ford

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: Last Straw with Ford

Welp, I got back from Berg Ford...WOW. I have to say I did not have the same type of experience you did showam1. The only thing they screwed up was that I made a service appointment online for this afternoon (4PM) and they didn't call me back to let me know they couldn't take my wifes car. However, they took her in anyway when she showed up and addressed the TSB within the hour. Even washed it for her before giving her truck back to her! I was actually impressed. Hers was an easy DPFE replacement though.

We dealt with a service advisor by the name of Joshua Heiden. You may want to try working with him. He is a person that takes 'ownership' to get things done.

On a side note, it sucks about the gas tank gremlin. The only thing I can think as to why they may be dragging their feet is that the VIN number might not be in the series that is addressed by the TSB...? Maybe you'll have better luck at Earnhardt than I did. Good luck!

Old 06-02-2005, 11:42 PM
Stckman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rjonesjr34

I don't want to come across as an *** but if the problem only occured at one station I don't think you should be freaking out this much about it. My stang did it a couple times but eventually it stopped and I probably only lost about 3 minutes of my life due to the problem. I think your just over reactions about with the TSB's, i'm not saying someonethings not wrong with the car, im just saying maybe it isn't that big a deal. If they can't replicate the problem why should they go through all the trouble of replacing the tank, in their eyes it may just be freak occurance your tank did that.

You dont know the pain of your FAMILY GAS STATION youve used for 15 years not being ableto work with the gas tank. trust me that gas tank problem is BAD very very bad and unacceptable... i had to cut my fillerup in half cause it was so bad i barely got to 5 gallons. very frustration.

Old 06-03-2005, 11:13 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

Earnhardt is worse, I had a dodge caravan about 10 years ago, and they were much worse than Berge. I wouldn't ever set foot in that place again, for anything.
Glad you had luck with Berge, You might say I'm on the defensive because they ripped the interior on my 05 GT with less than 2000 miles on it at the time, and then told me I was doing it. So I've already got a major bone to pick with them. But, I am not imagining this gas tank issue, and I'm not the only one to have this problem or they would have NEVER put out a TSB.
As far as it not being the right one, I got my 05 early jan. (one of the first ones out) I doubt they fixed a good tank with a bad one later on that needed to be replaced, that just sounds wrong to me.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: showam1

Earnhardt is worse, I had a dodge caravan about 10 years ago, and they were much worse than Berge. I wouldn't ever set foot in that place again, for anything.
Glad you had luck with Berge, You might say I'm on the defensive because they ripped the interior on my 05 GT with less than 2000 miles on it at the time, and then told me I was doing it. So I've already got a major bone to pick with them. But, I am not imagining this gas tank issue, and I'm not the only one to have this problem or they would have NEVER put out a TSB.
As far as it not being the right one, I got my 05 early jan. (one of the first ones out) I doubt they fixed a good tank with a bad one later on that needed to be replaced, that just sounds wrong to me.
Well, you could always drive 5-5 1/2 hours to my favorite Ford dealership. Mossy Ford in Pacific Beach (San Diego). Bought mine there in 2000. My wife bought her Escape at a different SD dealership but we ended up taking both our vehicles to Mossy Ford for ALL service. Never had a complaint with them and i'm pretty **** about my vehicles.

Let me know how things get resolved.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Fatblazer
1st Gear Member

I also asked them to look in to why sometimes I hit the gas and my car shuts down for a second or two before going...
Answer: ford says that is normal because it is a drive by wire car,

Anyone find that a sorry excuse for a "performance" car?
Yes, I have that same problem. I posted another thread before reading this. If I have any luck with my dealership I will let you know.

Peter T.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: Fatblazer

I also asked them to look in to why sometimes I hit the gas and my car shuts down for a second or two before going...

Yes, I have that same problem. I posted another thread before reading this. If I have any luck with my dealership I will let you know.

Peter T.
I would suggest do what many have done on this forum and get a Xcalibrator or Predator chip. I've heard the revised programs get rid of that 'hiccup' from the ford tune.

Besides the Mustang has Ford made any other vehicles with throttle/drive by wire? I know BMW and Mercedes have used it for a few years now but they too had problems when they started mass producing cars that used a 'new' technology to them.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:29 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I have a 03 F-250 Powerstroke diesel and it has one. It went bad and there was a recall on it. I haven't had any problems since it was replaced. I even have the Superchips tuner on it and so far not problems with it either.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:13 PM
cheysdaddy
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

ORIGINAL: Fatblazer

Peter T.
I would suggest do what many have done on this forum and get a Xcalibrator or Predator chip. I've heard the revised programs get rid of that 'hiccup' from the ford tune.

Besides the Mustang has Ford made any other vehicles with throttle/drive by wire? I know BMW and Mercedes have used it for a few years now but they too had problems when they started mass producing cars that used a 'new' technology to them.
Unfortunatley your dealer isn't lying about the drive-by-wire problem. Ford put a delay in the throttle to where you only get (I think) half power on take off and after you release and get back on the thottle. They won't fix it. (it saves the powertrain from wear and tear so they won't have to fix it under warranty before it expires) If you want to fix it get an X-cal or a Predator.