Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More gauge questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 05:44 AM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

+1 with Stkjock post... Here are mine.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:45 AM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Ok guys I've gotten a lot of feedback, and GT500 great write up I needed that (and the electric fuel pump is coming). I'm going to go ahead and ruin the surprise so ya'll understand what I'm trying to do here.

These are some pictures are what I'm going to do, I want something that is different but not particularly gaudy, I like clean. This is the general idea, I won't tell you everything but I'm going to set 3 gauges up like this:

I drive my car a fair amount, but I also do a lot of shows so that's what these are doing. At the same time, I'd like to spend my money on something I'm going to get some use out of. I'm slowly upgrading my car with all the things that make a blown car great, so that if I ever cross that bridge I've deleted the "hidden costs" associated with them.

As far as the Interceptors I will be buying a pair, but the cost of those gauges is the cost of this whole little set up honestly, it can wait. I plan to buy a pair along with a wideband and throw them in an SOS pod but like you said that's close to a grand right there.

And GT500, as far as the show mode you were referring to - is that only on electric gauges? Is it available in their Cobalt Series?

Last edited by EagleStroker; 12-17-2008 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

That is a sick install! How did you manage to move the AC controls to where the shifter used to be?
Old 12-17-2008, 04:12 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

That's not mine, but the AC is in the center console, so you can close it and it's out of the way. I've got a lot more coming together than just that, I just really need to pull the trigger on the gauges.

I promise I'll do a write up for you guys, I've taken to much from here not to give back some.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:34 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
Ok guys I've gotten a lot of feedback, and GT500 great write up I needed that (and the electric fuel pump is coming). I'm going to go ahead and ruin the surprise so ya'll understand what I'm trying to do here.

These are some pictures are what I'm going to do, I want something that is different but not particularly gaudy, I like clean. This is the general idea, I won't tell you everything but I'm going to set 3 gauges up like this:

I drive my car a fair amount, but I also do a lot of shows so that's what these are doing. At the same time, I'd like to spend my money on something I'm going to get some use out of. I'm slowly upgrading my car with all the things that make a blown car great, so that if I ever cross that bridge I've deleted the "hidden costs" associated with them.

As far as the Interceptors I will be buying a pair, but the cost of those gauges is the cost of this whole little set up honestly, it can wait. I plan to buy a pair along with a wideband and throw them in an SOS pod but like you said that's close to a grand right there.

And GT500, as far as the show mode you were referring to - is that only on electric gauges? Is it available in their Cobalt Series?
No I believe they just glow cobalt blue when the accessory lights are turned on! The nexus line is quite awesome and I was going to get them but opted for the SOS triple pod and that will house boost -mech, fuel pressure-electric, and an aeroforce gauge for now. If I change my mind (which I always do) I think the ones mentioned above with the 2nd aeroforce gauge and water temp-intercooler, and volts for the 6th gauge. All would be from the cobalt line as I am going with the blue theme and show the car and like lots of gauges to look at while going WOT..... lol J/K! But thats the second option!!

Looks like your a man with a plan and I think the gauges will serve you right esp in the locations you chose. Post it up when done and I look forward to seeing it when done.

That car looks like Chevykiller's from the pics?....maybe?
Old 12-17-2008, 07:40 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

wow man that is a sick set up...at first i was like damn ur gunna gut ur ac....then i scrolled down 2 the next pic...i really like that look!!! pull the trigger!!!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 10:30 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

That was originally done by Hillbank Motorsports on a Shelby CS8, I tried to contact them on it but they didn't respond. I test fit a friends gauge in the panel and have got that worked out, I'm still deciding what I'm going to do with the AC as I really like my console, I may work it into the side of the center console itself, drivers side towards the front, would be sleek I think.

All it really is will be running, splicing, and lengthening wires. If I'm lucky i'll gut another defroster switch panel from another car and stick something sneaky in it!

Off topic, but can anyone find out what head unit that is?
Old 12-18-2008, 01:31 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

head unit - Eclipse AVN 5500! (100% sure)

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Uhd5fb9...=detailed_info
Old 12-18-2008, 12:40 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
head unit - Eclipse AVN 5500! (100% sure)

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Uhd5fb9...=detailed_info
Wish it had better reviews it looks great, thanks for that!