Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snow in Vegas = Damage to Mustang :( I need your help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 12:21 PM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by buster
It snowed in Vegas? Did the Nevada snow plough get on the streets? I was there a few years ago and it was 55 degrees out and people were walking around in parkas and I was in shorts and a tshirt. I think I heard the phrase "stupid Canadian" a few times lol.
Funny you should mention that! Initially there were only 2 snowplows in the entire city that worked! They had to bring them in from surronding cities and counties to clear the roads. The highways were parking lots, it truly was comical! I'm originally from Chicago, so this white stuff doesn't surprise me - but it does surprise the locals! They all drive scared and cause sooooo many accidents, just because it's wet outside! Those of us that know hot to drive in the stuff simply stay at home - because you have to worry about everyone else hitting you!

Anyways...here's a new pic I took this morning...let me know what you think y'all!
Old 12-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

That looks really jacked up.. I think you will be buying some new parts.

I couldnt imagine having mine on the road when it is snowing and hate driving it in the rain. Is this like your daily driver? or did you just get caught off guard by the snow. I would assume that it had to be all over the road.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:19 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by devin gt/cs
Your car actually looks pretty sexy in the snow. Anyone else agree? Damn dude that sucks but you're car still looks really good. I'm pretty sure the costs should be less then a new one however I'd still rather get a new one
very true
Old 12-18-2008, 02:28 PM
david01130
4th Gear Member

that sucks. We got like 3 inches over in northern cal a few days ago. But definitely have it fixed either way. That sucks that its pretty much money down the drain to get it back to where it was just the day before but its what you gotta do. It just reminds me of those ****ty accords or civics with their POS ricer body kit that is all jacked up in the front from hitting curbs and ****.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:54 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

That sucks so bad man. Let us know how it turns out!
Old 12-18-2008, 04:51 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Snow in Vegas and Texas, lol.
I bet we'll have some as well, here in FL, by January
Thanks to G. Warming eh?

First, I feel bad for you...
It could have been a fun day, with the snow and all, but fate wasn't on your side.

Second, that bumper is trashed I'm afraid...
Repairs will never look right IMO.

I can't see too well on the pictures, but if it's possible to cut a straight line across the whole bottom, you might be able to incorporate a chin spoiler.
A CDC, GT500 or maybe the Roush.
I'm a Mad Modder , so I think extremes, lol.
It would be better instead of trying to reattach the mangled piece.

In any case, good luck to you.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:09 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Snicksrolos,
pascal brings up a good point and I never even thought about trying out a different chin spoiler. Im going back to michigan in january so i might be able to grab my roush chin spoiler and we can try that out but i doubt you wanna wait that long. It does look like the roush one will be very close to the cervinis chin spoiler lines.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:12 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

I'd be interested if he wasn't, Reaper
Old 12-18-2008, 08:36 PM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Snow in Vegas and Texas, lol.
I bet we'll have some as well, here in FL, by January
Thanks to G. Warming eh?

First, I feel bad for you...
It could have been a fun day, with the snow and all, but fate wasn't on your side.

Second, that bumper is trashed I'm afraid...
Repairs will never look right IMO.

I can't see too well on the pictures, but if it's possible to cut a straight line across the whole bottom, you might be able to incorporate a chin spoiler.
A CDC, GT500 or maybe the Roush.
I'm a Mad Modder , so I think extremes, lol.
It would be better instead of trying to reattach the mangled piece.

In any case, good luck to you.
Well...here's an update folks!

I did consider your suggestion Pascal, because ReaperGT and I had talked about doing that to my bumper anyways - because it is so damn low!

I did quite a few internet searches, and placed some frantic phone calls, and stumbled upon a shop here in Vegas that has encountered this problem before! I couldn't believe it man, they had actually had to repair a Cervinis bumper in about the same spot before!

I went down to their shop, and checked out some pics and videos they took during the process, and was amazed at the final result! So...I'm going to give it a try and see how it turns out!

Here's a couple more pics of the damage...and one more beautiful one with the "Vegas Snow"!

Old 12-18-2008, 08:38 PM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by david01130
that sucks. We got like 3 inches over in northern cal a few days ago. But definitely have it fixed either way. That sucks that its pretty much money down the drain to get it back to where it was just the day before but its what you gotta do. It just reminds me of those ****ty accords or civics with their POS ricer body kit that is all jacked up in the front from hitting curbs and ****.
...and that is exactly why I'm getting this taken care of immediately!!! LOL!!!

I couldn't even stomach the thought of my sweet ride being compared to a ricer!

Quick Reply: Snow in Vegas = Damage to Mustang :( I need your help!