Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Mustang Sync Option

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 08:14 AM
SprintGeek
1st Gear Member

I have been having a devil of a time getting a dealer to even realize what I am talking about with this. Anyone know of a Dealer who has installed a Sync system to an 09 with Shaker 500 in Louisville, Ky?
Old 07-19-2010, 02:31 PM
Murphdog
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SprintGeek
I have been having a devil of a time getting a dealer to even realize what I am talking about with this. Anyone know of a Dealer who has installed a Sync system to an 09 with Shaker 500 in Louisville, Ky?
I had the same issue with my dealer when I asked about the Smart Alert system (Lojack version for Fords). They installed it after contacting ford and getting the shop manual for it's installation.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:09 PM
SprintGeek
1st Gear Member

Default The road so far...

Email Chain in reverse order.....
(Start at bottom)

David,

Thank you for your email in regards to the SYNC Aftermarket Kit.

According to our information your vehicle can get the SYNC Aftermarket Kit installed by your local dealership. If you would like to find information regarding the kit you can visit the website www.fordaccessories.com and enter your vehicles model and year. Then search for SYNC in the search field and it should then display the listing for SYNC Accessory Kit.

Sincerely,

Daniel
Ford Motor Company
SYNC Support Center

Ford Confidentiality:
--------------------
For security reasons, please do not submit any sensitive personally identifiable information, such as credit card numbers, driver license number, SSN, DOB, etc. Thank you.

[THREAD ID:1-5APF7V]

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 7/27/2010 03:34:47 PM
To: crcfmc@ford.com
Subject: Vehicle Service Issues

Ford Motor CompanyMain Topic: VehicleServiceIssuesYour Inquiry: I am trying to get the Sync module installed in my 2009 Mustang. I have called 2 dealers; they have yet to get back to me. I have also emailed the sync people (sync@ford.com) and all they have done is keep sending me the dealer contact information and feeding me incorrect information. I need assistance with getting the right information to my local dealers to enable them to install the Sync system in my 09 Mustang. Owner: YesVehicle Identification Number: <vin>Mileage: 28000Vehicle Location: InPossessionIf Contacted Dealer: YesDealer Name: O'Brien ford and Oxmoor FordOwner First Name: DavidOwner Last Name: Owner Email Address:

David,

Thank you for providing more information regarding the SYNC Aftermarket Kit.

To better troubleshoot this issue I would recommend contacting our support center by phone. You can contact us by dialing 800-392-3673 and then selecting option 3. We are open Monday through Saturday from 8:30am until 8:00pm EST.

Sincerely,

Daniel
Ford Motor Company
SYNC Support Center

Ford Confidentiality:
--------------------
For security reasons, please do not submit any sensitive personally identifiable information, such as credit card numbers, driver license number, SSN, DOB, etc. Thank you.

[THREAD ID:1-5ANQA7]

Sent: 7/27/2010 08:55:47 AM
To: <sync@ford.com>
Cc: "david " <SprintGeek>
Subject: RE: RE: RE: SYNC Aftermarket Kit

Please contact Either Oxmoor Ford and/or O'Brien ford and discuss their capability to complete a sync install. I have tried calling dealerships and that hasn’t worked well, so I am contacting you.

Sent: Friday, July 23, 2010 11:58 AM
To: SprintGeek
Subject: RE: RE: RE: SYNC Aftermarket Kit

David,

Thank you for providing more information regarding installing SYNC.

We have no ETA for a resolution. Please contact us at 800-392-3673 option 1 and option 3 to see if we can locate more dealers in your area.

Sincerely,

Keith
Ford Motor Company
SYNC Support Center

Ford Confidentiality:
--------------------

[THREAD ID:1-5AHJHI]

Sent: 7/22/2010 10:23:45 PM
Subject: RE: RE: SYNC Aftermarket Kit

When should I expect to hear back from someone on this?

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 3:18 PM
To: sync@ford.com
Cc: david
Importance: High

When should I expect to hear back from someone on this?

Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 5:17 PM
Cc: david

I tried to contact ford directly because the local Dealers have been incommunicative. I have had calls into many of the local dealers since last week with no reply. Is this really the best Ford Corporate will do? Give me numbers for local dealers I already found on Google?

Is there someone else there I can correspond with? I would very much like to continue this discussion with another Ford representative. Please share this with the appropriate personnel and kindly ask that they contact me at their earliest convenience, or provide me with their contact details that I may do the same.

Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 4:52 PM

David,

Thank you for providing more information regarding the SYNC after market kit.

We can locate dealers around your local area; you will need to contact them and see if they are familiar with adding the system.

Below are a few of the dealerships I was able to locate using your zip code.

1. O'BRIEN FORD MERCURY PH# (502) 633-4535
720 Mt. Eden Road, Highway 53 South, Shelbyville, KY 40065

2. TRI - COUNTY FORD - MERCURY INC PH# (866) 417-0262
5101 West Hwy. 146, Buckner, KY, 40010

3. BILL WAITS AUTO MALL PH # Tel: (800) 777-6776
1181 US 127 By Pass South, Lawrenceburg, KY 40342

4. CROSSROADS FORD LINCOLN - MERCURY INC PH# (502) 695-1990
1070 Versailles Road, Frankfort, KY, 40601

If you would like more numbers; please call us at (888) 270-1055, Option #1 during our business hours: Monday-Saturday (8:30am – 8:00pm Eastern Standard Time).

Sincerely,

Susan
Ford Motor Company
SYNC Support Center

Ford Confidentiality:
--------------------

[THREAD ID:1-5A6QTJ]

Sent: 7/19/2010 04:26:02 PM
Subject: RE: SYNC Aftermarket Kit

I have access to the 2009 Mustang Sync system, not an "aftermarket" add-on, but the dealer 2009 kit.
I am asking for installation assistance from a dealer for a dealer installable option. This unit is basically a plug-in module with 3 leads (Microphone, USB Port, Controller Pod) that connects to the Shaker 500 System in my 2009 Mustang. I believe it needs to be linked to my vehicles VIN by a Ford Dealer.

This system is even on sale on the site you sent me below:
http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/...~9R3Z_14D212_A
SYNC Accessory Kit
Part Number: 9R3Z-14D212-A
SRP: $532.86

I am not attempting to switch radios, and I don’t have Navigation. I am just trying to add the Sync system made for my car to my car which is supposed to be installable at a dealer. The local one doesn't seem incredibly familiar with this so I am reaching out to Ford for assistance so this goes smoothly. If you need to engage other parties to seek out information, I understand.

Please help me.
David .

Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 3:55 PM
Subject: RE:SYNC Aftermarket Kit

David,

Thank you for providing more information regarding SYNC.

Unfortunately, we do not have an aftermarket kit available for this vehicle. Currently there are no plans to develop any more aftermarket kits.

You may want to try the Mobile-ease" Hands Free System. Use simple voice commands to dial your Bluetooth"-equipped wireless phone - hands free! "Mobile-ease"" mutes your vehicle's audio system whenever you make or receive calls and provides hands-free communication using a microphone and the vehicle's audio system. Once paired, Mobile-Ease automatically links with your Bluetooth-equipped wireless phone whenever you get in your vehicle.

For information regarding Mobile-Ease please visit the following websites. www.fordaccessoriesstore.com www.mercuryaccessories.com www.lincolnaccessories.com.

It is NOT recommended or supported by Ford to switch radios or add options with the factory installed radio even if it is from the factory or not. Doing so may result in losing all functionality with the Navigation and SYNC systems. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Susan
Ford Motor Company
SYNC Support Center

Ford Confidentiality:
--------------------

[THREAD ID:1-5A6QTJ]

Sent: 7/19/2010 09:00:32 AM
Subject: Sync:/Other

Sent: 7/19/2010 9:00:32 AM
Subject: Sync:/Other

User Info
--------------------------------
<User Last Name: >
<User First Name: David>
<Email Address: SprintGeek>
<User Country-Language: USA-EN>
<User Zip Code: 40065>

Computer Info
<Browser/OS: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; MS-RTC EA 2)>

Vehicle Info
Below is the vehicle selected on the site when the user submitted the contact us form. This may not be relevant to the user's inquiry.
<VIN: >
<Make/model/year: >
<Current installs: >

Inquiry/Concern
I am trying to get Sync installed in my 2009 Mustang. I have called 2 dealers and neither has gotten back with me yet regarding this. It was a dealer add-on option on the 2009 and I have connected with 2009 Mustang owners in other regions of the country who have had this done at a Ford Dealer and are very happy with it. I would like a contact with a local Ford Dealer (Louisville, Ky. Area) who is able to install the Sync System properly. I can get the system new in box if they are having problems locating one, but it is highly recommended if not required to have an authorized Ford Service department install and configure this. Please help me get in contact with the appropriate Ford Resources.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:11 PM
SprintGeek
1st Gear Member

I ended up calling Ford yesterday. After they got frustrated with a conference call with the Sync People, the ford Corp. Lady called a local dealer she knew and i am waiting a call back from them.

Call was supposed to be this morning. It's after 2:00 PM now...
Old 08-02-2010, 09:38 AM
rnpennington

Default I Had this done in Houston, TX

I had the SYNCH installed in my 2009 Mustang Shaker 500 by a local dealer with no problem. The dealer was Helfman Ford - Houston, TX. Maybe one of your local dealers can contact them for advice.

I love the system. It doesn't work as well with the top down (of course), but overall one of the best additions to the Mustang so far.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:43 AM
SprintGeek
1st Gear Member

Bills Collins Ford in Louisville, Ky. said that they will install anything on the Ford Accessories website. When i pick them as my dealer on the site, the install price is included and they discounted the hardware from MSRP about $70. I ordered it yesterday morning and they called me later that day to say they saw the order and will call me to schedule the install once the kit is in.

Whole thing should be under $600

The other dealer (Tri County) was nice and tried to figure out what needed to be done, but they really werent able to get it done.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:36 PM
NJ09GT
2nd Gear Member

What does Sync actually do in our 09 Mustang's? My head unit is Sync ready, but I have MOBILE EASE - which IMO is incredible. I appreciate it.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:35 AM
SprintGeek
1st Gear Member

Bluetooth (Audio streaming with some phones also)
iPod
USB Drive
Voice Command
Sync Web Site
More here:
Sync Capabilities by Phone

09 Mustang does everything except Vehicle Health Report 911 Assist and Nav
Old 08-05-2010, 04:40 PM
NJ09GT
2nd Gear Member

Oh, I was considering doing this - but I have TripTunes (For my iPod) installed already and I have Mobile Ease (for my phone). Both I am a fan of - but I would've rather had the Sync system because I have no USB drive in my middle console due to the Trip Tunes using that outlet...

One thing I noticed when talking to someone with an 08 GT, My Trip Tunes I can scroll through the head unit for song choices/browse by album/artist ect - he cannot with his Trip Tunes system, maybe thats where my head unit is "Sync" ready?

Last edited by NJ09GT; 08-05-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:01 AM
SprintGeek
1st Gear Member

Bill Collins Ford in Louisville, Ky hooked me up.
Ordered on the Ford accessories site, including installation.
Was about $620 including install and taxes.

Working great!