MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Power and Quality difference in JLT vs C&L CAI? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/506398-power-and-quality-difference-in-jlt-vs-c-and-l-cai.html)

nicknitro25 12-25-2008 07:00 PM

Power and Quality difference in JLT vs C&L CAI?

Looking to finally get a Bama CAI/Tuner combo..I have enough money after christmas for a JLT but not the C&L and I am really wanting to purchase something now, so does the JLT have any issues in performance compared to the CL? What about build quality? Thanks.

cobra443 12-25-2008 07:03 PM

Performance difference is nothing, however the C&L is a nicer material. You cant go wrong with the JLT.

AmericanMuscle4.6GT 12-25-2008 07:24 PM

JLT is the best. your not going to have your hood open and be staring at the cai, so i don't think it matters. the JLT performs the best and looks great. i think its very, VERY ftmfw.

JustCallMeSlip 12-25-2008 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by AmericanMuscle4.6GT (Post 5783124)
JLT is the best. your not going to have your hood open and be staring at the cai, so i don't think it matters. the JLT performs the best and looks great. i think its very, VERY ftmfw.

I have the C&L, but I am always open minded, why do you prefer the JLT? Any input is alway appreciated.

AmericanMuscle4.6GT 12-25-2008 10:22 PM

well mainly when i bought it, it was cheaper than the C&L by a considerable margin. also, mmff did a test and the JLT performed better by a small margin, albeit consistently.

i like the look better too. i dunno i just think it's a better choice

SirKnightTG 12-25-2008 10:29 PM

I love the way the Steeda CAI looks. It's a 90mm. But my package was kinda expensive though since I have the carbon fiber elbow. But that thing looks sweet and I've gotten compliments on it, so it's all good.

Riptide 12-25-2008 10:30 PM

I know I haven't had any problems so far with the JLT coming apart on me. A friend of mine has had his Steeda come apart twice now and I've also read a few other threads on here about the same problem.

JustCallMeSlip 12-25-2008 10:37 PM

I can respect all of the input here. The only problem that I have had with the "C&L Racer Kit" is the plastic elbow. I have had to take it off for warranty work at the dealer, when I did i noticed that the throttle body side had a "downward warp" on the top side just inside the joining slipover at the front clamp. Don't know what caused it though.

GTItoGT 12-25-2008 10:38 PM

JLT FTW. makes the most power, looks great, isnt overpriced. I went with one from brenspeed. no complaints. you can even get the jlt colormatched to match your stang. I wanted a C&L but didnt see the point for the price difference. only thing i will say is it is a pia to install w/o it rubbing on anything. just take your time and readjust.

Mudflap 12-25-2008 10:45 PM

I don't see a point in spending the extra money over the JLT personally...