Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Choices...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 05:48 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Default Choices...

So, I have a V6 (this isn't about my V6 so please don't move it).

I was planning on adding a Cervinis C-Series Front End and Street Scene Side Skirts and Rear Valence. I was also converting to dual Boomtubes.

But, me and the parentals had a talk last night and this came up:

"Since you have been responsible with your car, we will allow you to get a GT given that you pay the difference between the V6 and the GT."

So now I have a decision. Pimp out my V6, or get a GT. Now I know the snobby outlook on V6'ers on this forum (not trying to upset anyone), and please don't bring this into this. I want honest opinions. Exactly how much better is the GT?

And, I would like everyone to check out this car:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e=&cardist=220

This seems like a good deal. Opinions? If I do go the GT route, I don't want to lose any features. I have black leather seats, the Mycolor thing, and probably some others. What are the trim options on GT's? What does this car have?

This is a tough decision for me. I'm 17 and money is hard to come by. I've been working hard on the plans for my V6 so it is kind of difficult for me to just leave them hanging. But then again, it may be worth it. Also, if I go this route I'll still need around $3,000 more dollars. Tough stuff at my age...

I'm going to go test drive a GT in the near future just so I can see the difference.

Please don't hold back any comments.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:54 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

this is an agonizing choice, both options
are equally good.

good luck, let us know what you decide

Originally Posted by ht11121991

So now I have a decision. Pimp out my V6, or get a GT.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:11 PM
kda1967
1st Gear Member

One thing you might want to consider is insurance costs for you at your age with the GT. Might make the V6 a whole lot more attractive.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Tundaplaya
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kda1967
One thing you might want to consider is insurance costs for you at your age with the GT. Might make the V6 a whole lot more attractive.
My sons was 20 more a month going from a v6 to GT. It really all depends on what you ultimately want. If youre going for looks. You can make a really nice looking v6 for that 3k. If power is your ultimate goal, the GT is a good choice. It rsponds very well and you will be able to reach a higher point more easily than with a V6. Gas mileage is not that much of a difference. Definately take your time considering the two and dont rush into anything.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:08 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Yeah this is agonizing. It is made harder by the fact that I spent a lot of time planning out my V6 upgrades. It was going to look awesome. But, then again, a GT is a GT. So, right now, I'm 50-50. And my parents pay the insurance. I won't be listed as the primary driver, however. I'm sure it will go up, and my dad will check it out before he gives me a definite yes.

So, what would everyone do?
Old 12-23-2008, 07:10 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Oh, and how does the GT I listed look? It is the lowest priced on autotrader.com that I could find in my specifications. That is always scary because then you have to wonder why it is the lowest priced...

So, if you guys could look into that it would be awesome. I'll go within 300 miles of 28601 and it has to be black with black leather seats. I know, I'm picky...
Old 12-23-2008, 07:49 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

I'm go with a GT, but I'm the type of person that puts performance before looks. In your case you gotta decide what's more important to you and go from there. Only thing that has always scared me is buying a used car though. With yours you already know what you have and what problems you might be looking at in the future.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:06 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by olvanish
Only thing that has always scared me is buying a used car though. With yours you already know what you have and what problems you might be looking at in the future.
That's what I was thinking too. The one you posted has an awesome price, but high mileage. If you go see that GT, make sure that all the maintenance has been done and it's 100% perfect. It's not worth trading in a perfectly fine v6 for a used v8 that might have problems. That's just my .02 cents though.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:34 PM
illin
3rd Gear Member

This is a tough decision...but you cannot go wrong either way.

You really need to look at the full costs involved in the GT swap. Add in the insurance costs too...which may be minor, but could be really tough to swallow.

If you really want the look...then go for the body kit and rock on.

If you want that extra second int he 1/4, then get the GT and rock on.

You are sitting pretty either way.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:04 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I have no clue...

I don't race so that's not an issue. The argument for the GT is that:

I drive hard. So the extra power will be nice.
- It's a GT. I mean, enough said.
- It will hold up better value wise (I would guess)

The argument for keeping the V6 is:

-I would have it looking sweet.
-I really don't NEED the extra power (but it would be nice).
-It would save me money.

So, I really don't know what to do. I don't think I've had a tougher decision yet in my short life...

Quick Reply: Choices...