Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can ordered GT be sold out from under me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 03:26 PM
macca
1st Gear Member

Default Can ordered GT be sold out from under me?

Hopefully KandyMan or someone else can answer these basic questions that I have after my ordering experience at the dealership. When I ordered my 06 the internet manager printed out an order page with the concept pricing and features and gave me a copy. I asked for a signed contract and he said this is all they had. The order page had an order number (0001), Priority 10, Price Level 615, Order Code 180A. I made him sign it stating that the price was $1500 under factory MSRP. He reluctanly agreed to do this but refused to get a manager to sign it also saying that "he was the manager". They said they would charge my credit card the $1000 dep after they received the DORA. They also said I needed to make sure that I came in the day the car arrived because sometimes it gets sold to other people by the retail salespeople.([sm=wtf.gif])
I must say, after the experience I left there with a nervous twitch in my gut about these guys and felt like I had just done a handshake deal with a sleazy street vendor. Questions:[*]Is the signed paperwork all I need to ensure this deal is locked in? [*]Is it tue that my car can be sold under me by the dealership....even with a signed order?[*]If I cancel my order is it a simple process getting the $1000 credited back to the card? How long do dealers normally take?
[/ul][/ul]
Old 06-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Wldstng05
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ordering Questions?

I can't answer all the questions... but if you have a signed order with your name on it and a deposit - it's an implied contract at the least in most states. I'm NOT a lawyer though.
You will get a VIN# eventually and once you have that - if they sell it I can't imagine any court not awarding you.

I do know the guy that actually places the orders is a manager. The "Internet guy" may or may not be.

I will be tracking mine like a hawk. I've already told them numerous times to NOT drill any holes for front tags (they put their stupid dealership tag on sometimes). I couldn't get a guarantee that it wouldn't happen. So, I will hound them mercilessly to insure that it doesn't get drilled.

Good Luck!
Old 06-03-2005, 07:53 PM
KandyMan
2nd Gear Member

Is the signed paperwork all I need to ensure this deal is locked in?

Is it tue that my car can be sold under me by the dealership....even with a signed order?

If I cancel my order is it a simple process getting the $1000 credited back to the card? How long do dealers normally take?

Yes and No...A-plan pricing is subject to change while ordering...you might have ordered it under price leve 615 but i could be at price level 635 by the time its gets built and serialized....this is the case with a-plan financing...so yes the price may go up...just make sure you get a copy of the original factory invoice when you pick up yer car.....

yes they can....they can do whatever they wanna do....(not really but yeah) its how much are you gonna fight them if they did it to you...its not good business to do something like that...and a call to the ford customer care number might scare em if they did it

check to see on your order that if you cancel the deal you can get your money back....some dealers (and yes it is legal) will keep yer deposit if you cancel the order...the only way you can get yer money back is if the dealer wants to give it back or the deal has to be canceled if the dealer is helping you to obtain finanacing and you cannot get approved (regulation "z" federal truth in lending act)

hope ive helped you out any

Old 06-06-2005, 11:27 PM
macca
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KandyMan
Is it tue that my car can be sold under me by the dealership....even with a signed order?
"yes they can....they can do whatever they wanna do..."

If I cancel my order is it a simple process getting the $1000 credited back to the card? How long do dealers normally take?
"check to see on your order that if you cancel the deal you can get your money back....some dealers (and yes it is legal) will keep yer deposit if you cancel the order..."
So if they can do whatever they want to do, what good is a signed contract? I thought it was legal and binding? And who wouldnt fight something like that after waiting for months?

Secondly, I didnt see anything on my "concepts" order that mentioned anything about the numbers, that was all written down by the dealer. Is there another order I am supposed to get?
Old 06-07-2005, 12:38 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Can ordered GT be sold out from under me?

I ordered mine. They wanted me to wrap the money part before I saw the car. Said that someone could buy it otherwise. Don't know if legit or not. California. Did it, got the car, happy. Dealer has been great otherwise. They didn't take a deposit or anything in my case, deal was I ordered it, it was mine, if I wanted to "bail" on the deal no harm no foul. But, I did wrap the "buy" part two days before, except for the delivery of the check.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:43 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Can ordered GT be sold out from under me?

you could wait til they come out and avoid all this