Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone buy fusion key from remotehub on ebay? SOB scam me!!! Beware

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 09:31 PM
buffguy
2nd Gear Member

Default Anyone buy fusion key from remotehub on ebay? SOB scam me!!! Beware

1 month ago I bought a fusion key on ebay for my mustang from a sell many members on here have bought from. The key arrived in used condition with scratches and dings everywhere. Apparently REMOTEHUB sells refurbish remotes with uncut keys.

I filed a claim with paypal because after a month they did not send me a new key after I sent back the old key. Today I check on ebay for their info and strange that they have change their ebay user name and change their feedback to private. Also they have recieved a lot of negative feedback in the recent month.

They also changed their location to Kazakhstan and their profile picture is Borat.

Remotehub is a freaken joke. Those that have bought from them should check their keys, because im pretty sure its a refurbished remote with an uncut key. Get your money back, because these keys will snap between where the key and remote meet. Not worth the money for a POS used key.

also here is a link to their ebay page

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback
Old 12-31-2008, 09:44 PM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

DUDE, I have said what you are now finding out months ago. My key still works, but it pissed me off when they said it was a new key. Then when it arrived, it was nicked like you said. All they are doing is getting the keys from junk yards, and replacing the blanks. I just wished I know where they were getting the new blanks. Then everybody could make their own key.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:31 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

I made a post about this a while ago. I work for US Customs and we seized a bunch of keys coming in that were suspect as knockoff/repos. The quality was second rate at best and many of them were dumbies that had no guts. The keys appeared to be destined for ebay type sales.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

Good luck with EBay and Paypal. They are less than helpfull and have their ***'s covered for having to cover anything. EBAY does little to help with scammers basically told me to file a police report meaning they dont want to get involoved so screw them and Paypal which they own....
Old 01-01-2009, 10:05 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Yep, makes you wonder...