Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield wiper nozzle relocation

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 01:52 AM
Seabee
2nd Gear Member

Default Windshield wiper nozzle relocation

the instructions from CDC for this were probably the worst i have ever seen. It tells you a little of what is needed and you have to kinda guess on some parts it seemed. none the less, i got mine installed tonite, took about 1 hr from tugging and pulling pieces out..but i can say im happy with the results. so if your trying to move your nozzles, this is definately the way to go...i got mine from stage3motorsports.com and it was like $65...just thought id share my thoughts on it..lol...now that im reading this, it seems pointless...lol
Old 01-02-2009, 12:14 AM
underbird10
3rd Gear Member

I relo'd mine to the cowl cover, right between the two wipers where the cowl pieces come together. All I needed was a 3/8" drill bit and a VW washer nozzle that I bought off Ebay for $10. It's a dual nozzle on a single head, so it made the job easy and painless. Took about 10 minutes.

UB10
Old 01-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Seabee
2nd Gear Member

that would have been cool to do. i did this one and had to drill 2 times more then it said to because it says to use one size drill and really i needed the smaller one. but owell, its done..lol
Old 01-02-2009, 02:49 AM
nmd55
3rd Gear Member

pics please!
Old 01-02-2009, 03:16 AM
Seabee
2nd Gear Member

i will take some in the morning. i didnt take any during the install, should have tho..but ill get some of the finished product.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:09 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

I am attempting this CDC thing now. Can't get my wiper arms off. I have loosened the nuts a lot (there's gap between the nut & wiper). I am prying the back of the wiper while hammering that nut. I've hammered enough to maul up the nut pretty good - so much I can barely get a socket on it.

That wiper hasn't budged a bit. I'm getting scared of beating on it more because I don't want to break something.

Any ideas?

I've got the cowl cover loose, but can't remove it because the wiper are still attached. I'm pretty sure I could drill the neccessary holes, feed, & route the washer tubes right now. But they'd be loose under the cowl cover since I wouldn't be able to get the hose clips in there. Not sure I want to do this. I could see it getting ugly when the wipers start moving with a bunch of loose hose to roam free, pinch, & kink.

Maybe I'll look into that VW nozzle option. Is this it - http://cgi.ebay.com/VW-GHIA-BUG-WIND...3A1%7C294%3A50

Last edited by shanec; 01-24-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:16 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Lightbulb

Idea...

I wonder if there's a "push & pull" tool out there...something that looks like channel lock pliers except one side of the pliers is flat and wide like the end of a pry tool. When I squeezed, it would pry up from the bottom and push down from the top - pushing the top of the screw and pulling the wiper arm up from the bottom.

Bah...prolly couldn't fit it under the hood anyway.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:52 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how having the washers on the wipers can work. It seems that when the wiper moves the spray will be shooting over to the car beside you. I looked at the CDC pix but I couldn't tell where the nozzle was on the wiperblade.

What did you do to the holes left in the hood in the previous location?
Old 01-24-2009, 02:06 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

I have a Cervini hood with no washers on top. Cervini has a relocation kit that is completely worthless. Their kit has washer arms on the underside of the hood. They mostly missed the windshield completely and couldn't be bent/aimed without breaking them.

The CDC kit is more of a mister than a sprayer. The mister attaches to the arm near to where the blade attaches to the arm and it points downward towards the windshield. I've seen some other cars that came like this sock.

More and more I'm leaning towards a single dual washer nozzle that attaches to the cowl. It would have no moving parts. I've always been a little squeemish about having hoses clipped to the wiper arms. Just doesn't seem like a clean and neat solution.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:51 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
The CDC kit is more of a mister than a sprayer. The mister attaches to the arm near to where the blade attaches to the arm and it points downward towards the windshield. I've seen some other cars that came like this sock.
So when you first turn on the wiper its wiping a dirty, gritty windshield... thats not good.

Quick Reply: Windshield wiper nozzle relocation