Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Banned from the track...Almost!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 12:02 PM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

Default Banned from the track...Almost!!!

Well I was almost banned from the track for a long long time.

Back in September I did the Stage 3 Track Day and as I had posted before, I fried my rear pads. Well for x-mas the wife got me a set of HPS pads to go all the way around.

Yesterday, I was going to put the new pads on, but when I took the rotors in to get turned they said that they were too far gone to be turned...ALL 4 were hosed!!! Needless to say the wife was not exactly thrilled.

So I (and she) figured Monday was going to involve another call to Stage 3 to talk about some rotors and a big chunk of money on the credit card. This led to "There will be no more track time for YOU for AWHILE, because this has turned out to be a very very expensive track day."

Well I called newtakeoffs.com to see if they had the rears because they only listed the fronts. Well I was in luck, they had both and I was able to get new rotors all the way around for $130. They'll be here next week.

This should get the track ban lifted. Seeing as I just spent $70 on shocks for the tailgate on her Pathfinder. So $130 for rotors isn't bad at all.

I'm hoping to be able to do the February, or more likely March, tack day.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:08 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

saved by newtakeoff.com. that god for that place. saved you a nice chunk of change.. and possible track time. lol
glad to hear she hasnt completely banned you.