Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does Mineral Grey look grey or brown?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 05:46 PM
5speed
2nd Gear Member

Default Does Mineral Grey look grey or brown?

I have been viewing some pics of mineral grey and in some pics it looks grey and in some it looks brown? I currently have a mineral grey on order but I am having second thoughts because I do not want a brown car, rather a dark grey car. Let me know your thoughts.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Does Mineral Grey look grey or brown?

Mineral Grey will look tan or brown in the sun. I too was totally surprised when I saw my first one. Mineral Grey is not like the dark grey from previous years. However I do believe there is a new grey color coming out for 06 and it's more of a true Grey color.
Sonic Blue, BTW, is also not a true blue but has a purplish tint to it because of the metallic in it.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:20 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I have an 02 mineral gray and it looks grayish brown most of the time. When it is clean and in the sun, it looks more gray. I think it is the metallic in the paint that makes the brown come out. The mineral gray is an interesting color. I have one on order also and I am thinking about getting it even though I have the sonic blue one. Since both of those colors are not being offered in 06, I think we would a unique car(s).
Old 06-05-2005, 06:24 PM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

looks brown to me
Old 06-05-2005, 07:17 PM
GIDDEUP
2nd Gear Member

Mine looks grey. Grey

Could not find any brown Mustangs to compare it to. Even doing a a Google image search. But this is a brown car Brown
Old 06-05-2005, 07:24 PM
ponytx
2nd Gear Member

I think it really depends on the light the car is under. In the showroom, they look dark gray, but in the sunlight, they look like a mocha brown. The first time I saw one on the road, I thought it was a custom color, then it dawned on me, that's the mineral gray! Since your car will probably be out on the road in the sun, you might want to wait for the '06 in a Tungsten Gray.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:08 PM
5speed
2nd Gear Member

thanks for the replys. I really want my GT so if I can get an 05, I might just take the mineral grey even though I like the tungsten silver alittle bit more due to its true grey color.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:22 PM
GIDDEUP
2nd Gear Member

So then you want silver then, not grey? Silver and Grey are two completely different colors. It makes a world of difference seeing them in pictures and seeing them in person.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:26 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Mineral Grey will look tan or brown in the sun.

Sonic Blue, BTW, is also not a true blue but has a purplish tint to it because of the metallic in it.

True... and true.

I drove a Mineral Gray loaner for a week before I got my GT. It does take on a brown hue in certain lighting. And the Sonic Blue does have a deep purplish tint when the shadows hit it just right. Dust on the cars also effects the coloration. But, they still both look awesome!
Old 06-05-2005, 09:40 PM
jdr

I have an 05 Mineral Grey and love the color
It really depends on the lighting the bright sun sets off the metallic and it looks somewhat brown, but for the most part it's grey. I like it even more now that it will be discontinued in 06. It will make for a unique car since it was only produced 1 year.

Quick Reply: Does Mineral Grey look grey or brown?