Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick question about MGW short shift

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Default quick question about MGW short shift

I have my MGW shifter and love it. Wouldnt change a thing about it. BUT, I do want to change over to a white shift ball with the trans pattern on it instead of the stock shift ****.

Can someone recommend where to go to get a correct chrome shaft that will work with the MGW shifter where it is attached as well as threads that mate up with a typical hurst style white ball (I'd like to purchase the shift ball there as well)? I'd prefer to purchase from someplace recommended if at all possible.

Any assistance or recommendations would be appreciated. I'd like to order it today if at all possible.

Thanks
Andretti
Old 01-12-2009, 11:52 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

mgw has white ***** with a polished shafted
Old 01-12-2009, 06:18 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

I have the MGW with the white ball,but no shift pattern. Here is a link that will help http://www.grabberpony.com/index.php...d&productId=35
Old 01-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

MGW sells two different shift handles... the 12mmx1.25 for stock **** and the 3/8-16 which is what most aftermarket (ie hurst) ***** are threaded for.

I ordered both when I purchased my shifter to make sure I had what I needed.

Give them a call and you can order the one you need.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:39 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

yah just call them. they are great and will work with you. i have the stock threaded shift arm on mine
Old 01-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Oh yeah, check out summitracing.com for the shifter *****.. great pricing, great service.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default ****

I have a white ball with 5 speed pattern that fits the MGW shaft. I got it from Summit Racing. Actually, I am currently using the MGW "Gripper" ball with 5 spd. pattern - love it.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Old 01-13-2009, 02:18 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
MGW sells two different shift handles... the 12mmx1.25 for stock **** and the 3/8-16 which is what most aftermarket (ie hurst) ***** are threaded for.

I ordered both when I purchased my shifter to make sure I had what I needed.

Give them a call and you can order the one you need.
exactly...problem solved!
Old 01-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the suggestions.

I guess what I'm wanting isn't that readily available or obvious. I am looking for something that does NOT have the 'boot retainer' thing that keeps the top of the shift boot attached. I want it loose and to be able to slide on the shaft as I drive.

The actual shift **** I dont want any logo's of any kind, just the 'pool ball' looking style with shift pattern on the top, and I need it to work either with the MGW threads or I need to order the other shaft from MGW that has the 3/8 thread and it work with that. I was in on the test group with MGW on the short shift (and still really love it). There were no choices on getting a particular shaft with the shifter though at the time. There was only the one available. Unfortunately, MGW doesnt offer any white 'pool ball' looking **** that has the shift pattern on it, so except for possibly getting the other shaft, they wont be an option to the look I am going for.

The stuff at the grabberpony site is close, I just need to determine if I can do this without having to use the 'adapter'. If they can make it work with either of the MGW shafts, this will work, so I'm gonna be contacting them now.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Andretti

Quick Reply: quick question about MGW short shift