MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Window Tint on Headlights, Turns, Fogs....... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/510108-window-tint-on-headlights-turns-fogs.html)

Branomano06GT 01-12-2009 02:42 PM

Window Tint on Headlights, Turns, Fogs.......

So I have been thinking about this alot lately because I love the super snake look and I am using that as kind of the base for my mind to jump off of for my car.. haha and i love the look of the blacked out front lights it has so i went to autozone today and got some window tint with the intention of trying it on my lights its 20% and the brand is Private Eyes... was just wondering if anyone has done this before? This is not permanent by the way this is just to see how it will look and if I can go for 3-6 months without any issues from the police then I ill probably get some real paint tint.. anyway just looking to see if anyone might have some info or advice for me on this.

TOMBSTANG 01-12-2009 02:50 PM

Mine are all painted but I do take the headlight covers off at night, they are the avs ones but I painted them so u can not see any light through them at all, fogs are unhooked and turn signals u can see at night that is it, no probs so far from cops. knock on wood. But the look speaks for itself I think. MEAAAAAAAAAAN
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...lorida/115.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...a/myspaxce.jpg

Branomano06GT 01-12-2009 02:54 PM

Can't see the pics at work =( the stuff I got looks like it just rolls off you cut it to the light and squirt some adhesive junk on and roll it till its smooth I will post pics of my complete front end tonight and if i have it in me after tthat I will give the tint a shot. Still have to put my fenderwell deals on and the chin shouldnt take for then 30 minutes once I get into it again haha.

TOMBSTANG 01-12-2009 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT (Post 5834470)
Can't see the pics at work =( the stuff I got looks like it just rolls off you cut it to the light and squirt some adhesive junk on and roll it till its smooth I will post pics of my complete front end tonight and if i have it in me after tthat I will give the tint a shot. Still have to put my fenderwell deals on and the chin shouldnt take for then 30 minutes once I get into it again haha.

BEWARE that the stuff that comes with to spray it on and smooth them out eats away at your material on your heads and fogs and turns, I did my fogs with it and left it on for about 1 month the first time and when I took it off my fogs looked 10 yrs old all spidered and what not. I reccomend just smoothing them on with water, for what its worth if they fall off no big deal but trust me man , it will make your lights look so old and used of you leave it on for a few weeks, thank god I didnt use it on my headlights and my turns have been painted from day 1.

It says its safe to use on stuff but w/e the glass or plastic is made out of on the lights its not safe to use on that cause it did **** em up nicely.

Pascal can confirm this as I showed him when it happend and we were both like wtf...

CutterWolf 01-12-2009 03:25 PM

Yo B, take a look at my new pics in (Its done part 2). It cost's but I can run them at night with out any problems at all. Even passed serveral cops with out issue but I am running HID's still puts out tons of light but the look it totaly killer!

TOMBSTANG 01-12-2009 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by CutterWolf (Post 5834547)
Yo B, take a look at my new pics in (Its done part 2). It cost's but I can run them at night with out any problems at all. Even passed serveral cops with out issue but I am running HID's still puts out tons of light but the look it totaly killer!

car looks amazing bro. congrats.

by far my fav greyish s197 along with mine.

Branomano06GT 01-12-2009 03:31 PM

Cutter dude your car is amazing Once my car is done I think it would be freaking awesome if you came out to LA and You, Me, and Joe did a sick photoshoot haha. Thanks for the heads up I am not gonna use that stuff now =) I will just try water like you said or better yet go back and see if they have that static cling on stuff ones. Good to know that before it's too late though good lookin out. Yours are VHT painted? Or?

TOMBSTANG 01-12-2009 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT (Post 5834561)
Cutter dude your car is amazing Once my car is done I think it would be freaking awesome if you came out to LA and You, Me, and Joe did a sick photoshoot haha. Thanks for the heads up I am not gonna use that stuff now =) I will just try water like you said or better yet go back and see if they have that static cling on stuff ones. Good to know that before it's too late though good lookin out. Yours are VHT painted? Or?

The static cling on is your best bet until you decide to do it or not. I did that on my headlights to start before I got my covers and it held up jjust fine.

Mine are painted, I do not have the same grille anymore either I have the shelby GT-H grille so the fogs are long gone, but the turns and headlight covers are painted.

I didnt tint the headlights or paint them cause my windshield is tinted and at night when I tired it it was a bit much, I could still see but ......

CutterWolf 01-12-2009 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT (Post 5834561)

The brand name I can't remeber right now but it starts with a "X" and its top quality 30 MIL thick 3M headlight covers that go on like tint but if you want at a later date you can remove them without damage to the light. Super super nice stuff but at $100.00 for a set (headlights, fogs and marks) it better be.

fullboogie 01-12-2009 04:38 PM

I did the turn signals and rear marker lights, but refuse to do the fogs/head/tail lights. I would think that's a cop magnet. And if you ever get into an accident, it may be an issue (other guy claims he could not see you at night). Just my two cents.