Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-20-2015, 10:55 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior
Print Wikipost

New Mods! Borla Stingers, GT500 Spoiler, Tinted Signals, iPhone mount. 11 PICS & VID!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 09:51 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Smile New Mods! Borla Stingers, GT500 Spoiler, Tinted Signals, iPhone mount. 11 PICS & VID!

Well I installed my first aftermarket exhaust a few days ago and I regret not doing it earlier! I ordered them from Late Model Performance.

http://www.lmperformance.com/6912/73.html

They were only $30 more than the cheapest FRPP Stingers I could find. I wanted the bigger tips and Borla logo, so I went ahead and got the Borlas. I am so impressed with the sound! I wanted the absolute cleanest sounding exhaust but still wanted it loud. I had heard several people complain about the drone - meh. I guess if you're a whimp it could bother you, but I LOVE being able to hear the car while I'm cruising! The only time it gets a bit obnoxious is when I drive up a mountain in 5th gear (auto). A simple touch of the o/d button fixes it. Also, cold starts are incredible. I love being able to start it up and watch the heads turn. But enough of my yapping, here are some pictures of the awesome tips and a sound clip from the inside. I will get more videos later on.

VIDEO

Here are pictures of the new tips and GT500 spoiler I ordered from The Spoiler Store on eBay. $115 painted shipped! The paint is absolutely perfect. Flawless spoiler and was at my door in 4 days!

I think it looks a TON better than the factory GT spoiler. It seems to make the rear look more slim and make the car looks much more areodynamic.

I thought i'd throw the spoilerless pic in there too. Spoilerless really makes those huge Borla tips stick out.

When the mod bug bites hard and you have no money, cheap mods ftw. So I tinted my signals with $9.66 Wal*Mart 20% tint. I think it gave the whole front end a custom look...

As you can see, they still let plenty of light through:

and last but not least... iPhone/iPod touch mount. I lost my nano that I kept in the console, so I figured I'd rig up something for my phone. I wanted it to look as clean as could be. I've seen some really trashy looking stuff before but I think I did it pretty cleanly. It's the Griffin Windowseat which I got from the Apple store for $30. I Mounted it as far to the left and down low as I could and used the extender piece so I could reach it without taking my hands off the wheel. It works great and looks awesome. I ran the wires in a little groove inbetween the side of the dash and the door opening and then under the dash and under some plastic panels and in the back of the console. As always, pics:

Old 01-12-2009, 09:54 PM
thaztrain35
2nd Gear Member

nice dude!! do u know if they have vista blue painted as well??
Old 01-12-2009, 09:56 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Looks & sounds good!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Atlanta_Tider
2nd Gear Member

Looking good! Love to see a clean black Mustang!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:03 PM
txaggie582
1st Gear Member

How did you choose the color for the spoiler on the internet?
Old 01-12-2009, 10:12 PM
goldhillstang
1st Gear Member

Awesome post dude! What part of AL do you live in? I'd like to hear them in person because they really don't sound any louder than my FRPP GTA's inside the car. PM me if you don't want to post your location. That's a good deal on the spoiler too. I just paid $200 plus $20 shipping and $100 for paint for a GT500 spoiler.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:13 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by thaztrain35
nice dude!! do u know if they have vista blue painted as well??
Link to eBay

Yep! They sure do. Just but "G9" in the message box when ordering it.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:14 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Most excellent, Chris!

I'm starting a new crew...the Red Leather crew! Join up haha.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:15 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by goldhillstang
Awesome post dude! What part of AL do you live in? I'd like to hear them in person because they really don't sound any louder than my FRPP GTA's inside the car. PM me if you don't want to post your location. That's a good deal on the spoiler too. I just paid $200 plus $20 shipping and $100 for paint for a GT500 spoiler.
I live in Huntsville. PM me if you would like to come hear them!

and thanks East87, I love my red leather!

Last edited by 07BLACKGT; 01-12-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:24 PM
goldhillstang
1st Gear Member

I thought that video looked like NA(north alabama). I'm originally from H'ville but live outside Auburn now. I'd like to hear them the next time I'm up visiting my parents. Are you going to the Mustang show in May at (I think) Madison Square Mall?

Quick Reply: New Mods! Borla Stingers, GT500 Spoiler, Tinted Signals, iPhone mount. 11 PICS & VID!