Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To buy a V6 or GT with $15K ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 05:35 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

That last one I posted, for 13.3K with free shipping, seriously after taking a look at the full details and seeing how loaded it was (shaker 1000, heater leather, mycolor, etc,) if I were looking right now and had close to that much money, I would buy it this second. REALLY good deal and they will ship it to you. DONE
Old 01-14-2009, 05:58 PM
ABQstang89
3rd Gear Member

If you can get a GT for that price do it. I have a V6 and crave more power all the time.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:13 PM
jrsyedb
1st Gear Member

Hmm, not sure, I have a V6 myself and i love it, but a GT is sweet. I would go with the V6, just because its newer with low miles, you can always mod the V6 IMO. Good luck on your decision, either way you go, you will have a Mustang
Old 01-14-2009, 06:19 PM
clintster77
2nd Gear Member

why not an 05,06 v6 with 34,000 miles on it for under $10,000 thats 5000 left over for what ever you want . If looks is all you need then put it all back into the v6s looks ,if it's power you need the Gt may be the way to go.
Think about this . you seem to be good at saving money . You could save another 4k and get Two v6's so you are never without transportation while working on the other. what would everyone say about that guy with 2 stangs? Do what makes you happy.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

GT all the way. V6 Mustangs are kind of like street legal dirt bikes. Yeah you can drive them on the street, but when a moped passes you, you are better off getting an actual street bike.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:36 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

I guarantee that anyone telling you to get a V6 also has a V6.
The difference is, while no one who owns a GT will tell you to get a V6, some of the V6 owners will actually recommend the GT.
That pretty much says it all.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jrsyedb
Hmm, not sure, I have a V6 myself and i love it, but a GT is sweet. I would go with the V6, just because its newer with low miles, you can always mod the V6 IMO. Good luck on your decision, either way you go, you will have a Mustang
You can mod a v6 to be as fast as a lightly supercharged gt but you can mod a GT to be as fast as anything else on the road with the same difficulty and cost.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:09 PM
clentonz
1st Gear Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by JDWalton
That last one I posted, for 13.3K with free shipping, seriously after taking a look at the full details and seeing how loaded it was (shaker 1000, heater leather, mycolor, etc,) if I were looking right now and had close to that much money, I would buy it this second. REALLY good deal and they will ship it to you. DONE
JDWalton,
Is that really a good deal? I mean, it looks like an amazing deal; but it just seems a little fishy to me...I'm in the market right now for a 05-06' Mustang GT 5-speed right now; and I actually read that listing(the 13.3k one), but passed...

Would you really buy this car? I have a budget of 13k-14k, and it is an amazing looking car/deal...at first look...Maybe I'm just being overly paranoid about getting a lemon, beaten on, flooded, etc. stang.....but this is what really strayed me away from this listing:

-Firstly the 95.3% feedback..."AMAZING POSITIVE FEEDBACK"....err

-Says that it is "inspected", but if you click on carfax or autocheck; you have to pay for it...You would think that a dealership would share this info...what would they have to hide??

-"CARFAX BUYBACK GUARANTEED"...How can this be without them providing any carfax/autocheck report?

-"Warranty", "extended ford warranty available below"....Its just them sayins that it is not flooded or anything wrong with it, nothing official.

-The Fine Print...At the bottom, in the fine print, it says that the car is sold "As Is" without any kind of warranty; applicable by law. Buyer responsible for ANYTHING that goes wrong after the purchase...I don't know, I was just taught/heard to NEVER buy a "As Is" car. Once they get their money, and you recieve the car; you have nothing to back you up at all.

-I didn't see anything about free shipping?

-Lol...Look at their financing "online credit application", I or anyone could spend $10 on a domain name and create that in about 15 min.....Basically, fill this out, and when your done; all of your money, assets, and first born child; will now be all ours Absolutely NO logos of ANYTHING (e.g. Paypal, secure payment, etc.) of a secure application....they are asking some seriously personal information on that application...

-The listing just looks fishy, large CLEAN CLEAR words with tiny (almost blended in) small print font with all of the Terms & Conditions talk...

I am in NO WAY trying to rub you the wrong way, those are defiantly not my intentions; I don't care about the ebayer...just trying to point out some of the "scam" like behavior.
IMO, I just HATE scammers; I would not wish them upon my worst enemies...They are the lowest of the low. I just hope that you don't take this the wrong way; or anyone else who said that they would jump all over it.

Than again,I could be completely 100% wrong about all of this, but this is just what I observed; and I am very paranoid when it comes to buying cars. Probably the reason I am car less now, I have the finances up and ready to go, and should have had the car yesterday; but I just think to much i guess:/

I mean, I would be on a flight right now to go up there to look at it(I have great flying privileges... $7 round trip to anywhere in the U.S.), but it just doesn't look right; to good to be true...I plan on having my next car for a very very long time, probably until I run it into the ground at 200k+ miles; I just don't want someone else to do it before me

bm2088hp,
Sorry man, I'm not trying to jack your thread or anything, just letting you know that we are kind of in the same boat.....except, I'm SET on a GT, NOTHING could make me go v6....but it is all personal preference. I just wanted to give you and anyone else my opinion on that listing. But, I wish the very best luck to the both of us in our Mustang search!

Cheers,
Old 01-14-2009, 08:22 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

those are all really good points actualy, will dig around for a few min and make another post with conclusions ;-)
Old 01-14-2009, 08:43 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

1919 feedback and still in buisness, I say thats good. If they did anything outright wrong, that name would get locked out.

05 MUSTANG~GT~5 SPD~LTHR~SHAKER 1000~FREE SHIP as in the title

Warranty - Ford only has 3 / 36k bumper to bumper (expired) and 5 / 60k powertrain last I checked. So your powertrain should still be coverered from factory, extended contracts are common place on used cars. Optional though.

Dont know how many credit apps you have done, but they all ask pretty much anything you want with nothing promised in return, If your paying cash though then you dont need to worry about all that ;-)

CARFAX garantee, call them up and ask about it. Tell them you are looking at using the buy it now option, but want to see a report first and let them know you dont expect to pay for it.

I say go with your gut, it looks like a legit good deal, but I may be more inclined to go to a actual dealer too... After searching a little online, I found there web site:
http://springfield-auto-gallery.ebizautos.com/
They look like there pretty much EBay only, but do let you come to there shop and check on the vehicles too. Where are you currently located? like zip anyway

Quick Reply: To buy a V6 or GT with $15K ???