Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locked rear rotor

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 11:11 PM
wildboi013
2nd Gear Member

same thing here...locked up just had to stop using it...it was covered underwarranty just had to pay my deductible? sooo I didnt do it.....Plus becareful when driving while doing this I drove with mine locked because I had to a few miles and after the rotor cooled it looked liked it had tempered with the air cooling vents are between the to sides....I have no idea if this is dangerous but I would think it could make the rotor crack and brittle just saying something to look for before u just leave it alone
Old 02-25-2009, 01:49 AM
Sirsilent
2nd Gear Member

Never use the E-brake in winter. I personally never user the E-brake at all, just putting it in gear is enough as long as your car is leveled and you don't live in SF
Old 02-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Vulcan420
1st Gear Member

Update:

It has been above freezing during the day here now so I told them spray down the car at the end of the day and check it first thing the next morning when they get in.

They agreed to.

They called me the next morning to say they were replacing the passenger side because it did exhibit the problem. The drivers side did not have a problem and was not replaced.

The repair was done under warranty. For now its fixed I think.

I understand many people live in areas that are pretty flat so you dont need the parking brake and some don't have to worry much about freezing temps in the winter cause they live down south. I once lived in KS and once lived in FL myself. However, I don't wanna havta move now just to own this Mustang. I don't see how you really add any beneficial input for those of us who live in hilly areas and have to park our Mustangs outside in below freezing temps.

It would be kinda embarrasing I think to have to pull out chock blocks for my Mustang with only 12k miles on it or else go to leave somewhere and my car wont move even if it only happens a few times a year.

I guess it would be a good excuse not to visit my inlaws though - sorry but I can't park my car at your house cause it has no parking brake. lol

BTW - I don't live in SF and when I was dating my OAO a while back my '67 which I spaced off setting the brake on did roll down their hill and into the neighbors yard.