MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/511394-you-wont-believe-this.html)

ptaylor_9849 01-18-2009 11:35 AM

YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS

I brought my 07 GT to the dealer to have the TSB done on the upper strut mounts because I was experiencing the front end chuckle noise. After replacing the mounts, the noise was still there. So I spent the next month or so racking my brain trying to figure out what else could be causing this noise. I even paid another Ford dealer $135 to help diagnose the problem but they couldn't figure it out either. Eventually, I met Tim (Hicompression) from this site and we began talking back and forth. After seeing photos of my newly installed mounts, Tim replied "Those are not new, those are the original mounts". I couldn't believe it. So I took my car to my local mechanic and had him remove the "so called" updated mounts and guess what? Tim was right! The dealer lied to me and never performed the TSB they claimed they did. They even gave me paperwork showing that they did the work and you can bet they billed Ford for that work as it was under warranty. I'll be calling my lawyer on Tuesday. Anyone have experience with suing dealers or am I just wasting my time?

Nuke 01-18-2009 11:40 AM

I believe it. Frickin' stealers...

GRABBER CS 01-18-2009 11:40 AM

That's pretty crappy! Glad you figured it out and good luck with getting it fixed. I would personally hit up the dealership's owner that said they performed the work before a lawyer. Explain the situation and give the owner the chance to make it right.

hammeron 01-18-2009 11:43 AM

that's one of the reasons they
are called stealerships....

good luck, hope it all works out
and you get your mounts replaced
with the updated version.

odiaz 01-18-2009 11:53 AM

That's unreal. I defintely would sue. Did you confron them? I'm wadering what they'll use for an excuse.

Doogie65 01-18-2009 12:13 PM

I would bring this up with the dealer's owner first as a lawsuit should be the last resort. I am sure once confronted, they will make it right as the last things any business wants is negative publicity... especially over something this small.

ptaylor_9849 01-18-2009 12:25 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those frivolous lawsuit people. In fact, Ive never sued anyone and I'm 45 yrs old. It's just that I've lost a lot of money chasing down this lie. Because of the work I do, each trip to the dealership costs me a days pay of $355. Then paying the other dealer $135 diagnostic fee. Then paying my mechanic to remove the struts to catch them in their lie. Then the new mounts themselves cost me $125. I would not have incurred any of these expenses if I hadn't been lied to from the start. I'm out at least a grand at this point.

07vbluestang 01-18-2009 12:26 PM

i always have bad luck. like the time i tried to buy a house back in '99. dont want to relive it again!!

deekum1627 01-18-2009 12:29 PM

some a** man sorry for that cr*p

Riptide 01-18-2009 12:45 PM

Sad init?

You want it done right? You know the old saying. :/