Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installed AVIC F700BT last night!! Pics inside!!

Old 01-20-2009, 09:11 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

Default installed AVIC F700BT last night!! Pics inside!!

well, last night i installed the avic f700bt i got a while back, and man, let me tell you, the navi rocks, the bluetooth is great, ipod interface is fantastic, voice control is good (have to speak clearly though), and the screen resolution is awesome.

i took some pics so people could see it installed. i looked all over the place before i installed, and couldn't find very many s197 installs with the F700bt. so here are a few. i even got one of the sweet "splash screen" (loading screen) i got from a guy on avic411.com!

here are a couple of the general look of it in the car, i think it looks great! it allmost looks like ford put it there.

here's a pic of the sweet graphic i loaded for the splash screen;

here's one of the "top menu" or main menu for those who havent seen it.

here's a screen shot from the 3D navi screen

here is where i mounted the bluetooth microphone. everyone says it sounds great on the other end, so i guess its a good location for it.

and last but not least, here is where i put the GPS antenna. i didnt want it on the outside of the car, so i put it here near a window, and it's pretty much out of sight unless your looking for it. i've had 4 people in my car since install and none of them found it yet!! its driving them nuts!

well, thanks for lookin. let me know what you think.

-Tony

Last edited by One Bad Stang; 01-20-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:18 PM
black08mustang
2nd Gear Member

looks good howd you get the image for the splash screen the SD card??
Old 01-20-2009, 09:19 PM
SikO7GT
2nd Gear Member

Everything looks very good!! How hard was it to install everything and how long do you think it took you from start to finish?? Do they charge you for the navi per year or how does that work??
Old 01-20-2009, 09:19 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

looks great Tony. sounds like a pretty sweet setup.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:20 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Looks great! thanks for the pics!
Old 01-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

Looks great! How was the install?
Old 01-20-2009, 09:56 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

ok, here i go;

Originally Posted by black08mustang
looks good howd you get the image for the splash screen the SD card??
thank you, and yes, i used an sd card. but the trick is, instead of just putting the pics on the card, you need to make a "pictures" folder on the card, or the unit wont be able to retrieve them.

Originally Posted by SikO7GT
Everything looks very good!! How hard was it to install everything and how long do you think it took you from start to finish?? Do they charge you for the navi per year or how does that work??
thanks, install was moderate. if you have no car audio/electronics experience, leave it to a professional. it took me arround 3.5 hours because i worked slow and double checked EVERYTHING right off the bat. and about the navi, its free, there is no subscription. your just using an antenna with satalites to get the position.

Originally Posted by 5SPD07GT
looks great Tony. sounds like a pretty sweet setup.
thank you, i really love it. it's everything i wanted in a stereo/nav system. i havent even figured everything out yet though. lol

Originally Posted by mygt500
Looks great! thanks for the pics!
thanks, and no problem. it's allways nice to get a compliment from a moderator. you guys see a lot of cars i'm sure, so your opinion really counts a lot in my book.

Originally Posted by Chris07GT
Looks great! How was the install?
i appriciate the good feedback. like i mentioned to sik07gt, the install was about moderated on the difficulty scale. if i wasnt sure of what i was doing i would defenatly pay someone to do it. but i have a good sense about this kind of thing, and i'm a mechanic for a living so i did it myself. and i spent about a week researching install tips for this specific unit.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:02 PM
bm2088hp
2nd Gear Member

Yeah it looks awesome, love the splash screen! Good job and thx for the pics!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:02 PM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

Looks like I found my future head unit! Great write up man!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 11:25 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

thanks again everyone. i was going to do a full tech/how-to installation write up, but frankly, it was dark, cold and late at night and i really wasnt feelin it. i also did the 2.0 firmware update and bluetooth software updates from pioneer right after install, and the boot time is way less with the update and the bluetooth is better with the update as well.

sniksrolos - if we are both at the next vegas cruise, you can play with it if you want before you get one. but that will probably just make you want it sooner. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: installed AVIC F700BT last night!! Pics inside!!