Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

At last, I present my freshly revamped Mustang...

Old 01-23-2009, 12:01 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by iROK24/7
Nice work Vic! I'd go with a less "bulging" style of louvers however, those look too big for the car now that it's sleeker & cleaner. SHR flush-mounts would be PERFECT! And +1 on the chin spoiler and blackout panel as well... to match the black rocker panels!
Originally Posted by wingman75
Victoria, the spoiler looks so much better than the stocker. I did like your car better with stripes than without. The comment about the 1/4 louvers being too big was right on. The SHR louvers would be perfect for your car. Of course everyone's opinions are just that, and what you like is what counts.
I thought about SHR louvers for a little while, but I concluded that if I went with the GT500 spoiler (as I was doing) that the linears would be thrown off. The SHR louvers would have looked a bit more in line by keeping the stock spoiler... and there was no way I was going to do that. Wingman has the ducktail, which looks perfect with the SHRs. It's a subtle thing, but after studying art and architecture for some time I notice those kind of things. So I think having the more diagonal look of the Roush louvers compliments my spoiler better than the SHR ones would. I kinda like that the Roush louvers are large... I was never a fan of the really tiny louvers that are trying to be exactly like those one the '60s Mustangs and not live up to the refreshed modern look of the S197.

Originally Posted by wolfpup
looks good... however i gotta be real, while the spoiler is a nice change i actually prefer the stripes... but for the look ur going for it works well for ur car
The stripes looked great... there's no doubt about it. I loved them. I REALLY, REALLY wanted them for so long up until the time that I got them and beyond that. It wasn't an easy decision to remove them, but it was the decision I felt would be the best approach to re-theme the car. I had the stripes installed when I was still living in Texas. Now, in my neck of the woods back there not many people had stripes. They definitely helped in turning heads. In Orange County, California, every other Mustang, V6 and GT, has them. Me... well, I like to stand out and be different. I've always been that way. It's like everyone in my bf's family has the iPhone. It's a really cool phone and all and I'll admit that it's revolutionary, but because everyone has one I will not get one. But that's just me. Aside from that, I think my car was getting a little more attention from the cops that I was planning on. All that (plus it's a new year, fresh start) culminated in my decision. And to top that off, the Boss 302 has still been driving circles in my head.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:23 PM
o7 tungsten
3rd Gear Member

why not get some wheels and a different front fascia, that will make your car stand out from the rest.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:39 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Looking good .
Old 01-23-2009, 06:32 PM
ABQstang89
3rd Gear Member

I like the look alot. But how can i not its almost a spinning image of mine now I like the wing alot alot. I'll have to look into that one a little more. I like it more now than before. Good choice.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:16 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Super...