Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My turn has come. Got her hurt in an accident. Need some opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Can anyone recommend a body shop in Atlanta. I know I have the option to send it where I want, but I don't even know where to take it.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:40 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by degeze
+2...DO NOT forget about this because they probably won't say anything unless you do.
Sounds like he's at fault... so he'll be making the claim against his own insurance. This might give you some additional money up front (usually 1/4 the cost of repairs) but it will surely cause his premium to go up, potentially significantly.

If someone else was at fault, he'd claim it against their insurance... which obviously would have no effect on his premium.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Steve O Chap
Sounds like he's at fault... so he'll be making the claim against his own insurance. This might give you some additional money up front (usually 1/4 the cost of repairs) but it will surely cause his premium to go up, potentially significantly.

If someone else was at fault, he'd claim it against their insurance... which obviously would have no effect on his premium.
I was having the same thoughts when I first saw that idea posted. I am at fault so I'd get money up front, but would probably get my rate raised even more because of it.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:04 AM
GTItoGT
2nd Gear Member

pm'd the op. If you have any questions, just ask. I write estimates for every major insurance company. I'm happy to tell you exactly how they will fix the car and clear up any confusion for you along the way. best of luck sounds like your already making the right decisions.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:05 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

I'm very sorry to see that happened, BMR4Life. It's always painful to see another 'Stang get hurt. Well, any car for that matter. Best of luck getting it restored and I hope for a speedy recovery for your Steed. It sure is a pretty car.

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
Progressive just raised my rates for no f'in reason. I called them to find out why they would do such a thing and they said, even though I have a PERFECT driving record, that rates "just increased" in TX. I had to lower my coverage and go with a $1k deductible to just break even. WTF????
$1,000 deductible?? Ouch, that's steep! And I thought $500 was bad.

Originally Posted by pascal
Mine raised too!
*******!!

And like you, perfect driving record... I wish I could get USAA

And bodyman is right...

Who's the hell knows where your car go with progressive.
ALLSTATE, you're in no good ***ing hands!!
They have their own shops called Sterling, and stuff that comes out of there is plain nasty.
At least in Orlando...
What insurance do you recommend Pascal? I have State Farm on mine. We had Allstate before that. They're pretty sneaky with raising insurance costs. I remember when my little brother began driver's ed they somehow found out about it and raised my parents' costs. I've heard good things about USAA, and their headquarters were less than a mile from where I used to live in San Antonio... it's a huge complex, but unfortunately I'm not a person in uniform. All-in-all though, all insurance compaines are all pretty greedy as far as I've heard. I hate how there's deductibles, too. It's like... for all the money we pay them there shouldn't even be a deductible.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:24 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

looks like a 2 week job. But since you're only out the deductible don't worry about the cost. Just worry about the job they do.
Whatever you do, if you give even half a darn about your Mustang, do not expect to be able to drive off in your car when they say it is ready.
Go there expecting that you will find a flaw in their job and will refuse to accept the car.
Never sign ANYTHING until everything is okay. Check inside the doors, all the alignments, all the black parts that might now have silver overspray... And take a test drive (look for a bumpy road near the shop) and check for new rattles.
Nothing worse than finding flaws weeks later when you detail your Mustang, like stains on the rear seats (since you don't sit back there) or paint on your gas cap!

And if, by chance, they do a great job... let us know! :-)
Old 01-24-2009, 07:31 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Mine raised too!
*******!!

And like you, perfect driving record... I wish I could get USAA

And bodyman is right...

Who's the hell knows where your car go with progressive.
ALLSTATE, you're in no good ***ing hands!!
They have their own shops called Sterling, and stuff that comes out of there is plain nasty.
At least in Orlando...
that's who I have and they are always awesome to deal with!!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

I would go for the 2010 mirrors, but I'm sure they are not available yet, lol.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:09 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by VictoriaRR

What insurance do you recommend Pascal? I have State Farm on mine. We had Allstate before that. They're pretty sneaky with raising insurance costs. I remember when my little brother began driver's ed they somehow found out about it and raised my parents' costs. I've heard good things about USAA, and their headquarters were less than a mile from where I used to live in San Antonio... it's a huge complex, but unfortunately I'm not a person in uniform. All-in-all though, all insurance compaines are all pretty greedy as far as I've heard. I hate how there's deductibles, too. It's like... for all the money we pay them there shouldn't even be a deductible.
Stay with them for now, State Farm isn't so bad...
GEICO is to be avoided, cheap rates (not significantly) but they treat their customers like crap when an accident occur. I experience so much BS with them.

-The Hartford is a good Group.
-AMICA is good and cheap but there's a catch : no tickets and no claims for a 3 year period...
If not, the deals on policy are like everyone else's or worse.
-ALLSTATE are indeed, sneaky bastards!
-Progressive are OK with their policy, just don't let them take your car to their repair facility.

I'm looking into getting a policy with Hagerty or similar Classic car Insurance...
I'd register my car as an exotic but I'd be limited with mileage (5000K a year).
Have to do some thinking here...
This is great for people that own a GT500 and drive it on weekend only etc...

I don't know who to recommend really, it changes depending on your record.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:13 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I'm truly sorry about BMR4life's accident and hope all goes well with the repair. Wow, some great information regarding accidents, insurance and insurance companies came out of this thread.

I'm dumping Progressive this week. The only way to get my premium back down to the rates I had last period was to raise my deductible from $500 to $1000. I didn't like that and shouldn't have to do it with a perfect driving record. They're history..

Quick Reply: My turn has come. Got her hurt in an accident. Need some opinions?