MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Car seems to be losing power..no code thrown (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/512758-car-seems-to-be-losing-power-no-code-thrown.html)

wilkinda 01-23-2009 09:24 PM

Car seems to be losing power..no code thrown

So for the past few days my stang seems very sluggish. Step on the gas and there is a very noticeable delay before the power kicks in. Something is not right. today it is horrible but has not thrown any codes at all and nothing shows up on my reader during the drive. The plugs are champions replaced about 8K miles ago. The whole intake system was cleaned just before that by Ford dealer and the fuel filter and air filter we replaced at the same time as intake cleaning. About a month ago all the COPs were changed from stock to MSD.

Any suggestions????

StickShifty 01-23-2009 09:57 PM

is the car custom tuned?? the S197s have adaptive learning. which tends to make the car feel sluggish over time. you need to reload your tune or disconnect the battery for a bit. that will reset the learning curve. thats a good place to start.

did you feel a gain in the MSDs over the stock COPs. i know that the stock COPs are very good and can handle a great deal of power. just wondering.

wilkinda 01-23-2009 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by StickShifty (Post 5872124)
is the car custom tuned?? the S197s have adaptive learning. which tends to make the car feel sluggish over time. you need to reload your tune or disconnect the battery for a bit. that will reset the learning curve. thats a good place to start.

did you feel a gain in the MSDs over the stock COPs. i know that the stock COPs are very good and can handle a great deal of power. just wondering.

The car is bone stock under the hood. No CAI or tune. The MSDs made the car idle smoother and gas mileage is slightly better but no noticebale power gain / feel.

Disconnect the battery for about how long?? Shyte, all those radio stations and NAV settings gonna have to be added all over again........

acascianelli 01-23-2009 10:29 PM

10-15 minutes should do it.

It could be that you're just getting use to the power now, a CAI and tune will fix that for a little bit. ;)

Chare375 01-23-2009 11:51 PM

Have you changed your engine oil lately? Also, did your fuel injectors get cleaned right? Could have been when Ford cleaned it out some might have just spread into the engine (engine gunk?)

Is this really true? I have noticed a slight loss of power over time with my bama chips 91 tune since I installed it 3 months ago......

wilkinda 01-24-2009 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Chare375 (Post 5872433)
Have you changed your engine oil lately? Also, did your fuel injectors get cleaned right? Could have been when Ford cleaned it out some might have just spread into the engine (engine gunk?)

Is this really true? I have noticed a slight loss of power over time with my bama chips 91 tune since I installed it 3 months ago......

Engine oil was changed on Dec. 14th by local Ford dealer using factory recommended oil and filter. Always the same Ford dealer and always the same oil / filter combo.

Mine is bone stock in the Engine compartment with the exception of the MSD COPs.

SCCAGT 01-24-2009 05:35 PM

No one has yet to respond about the gas pedal delay.

If you start pushing on the gas pedal and nothing happens for just a little bit, then everything is fine and dandy, you have to deal with the gas pedal mod. Not sure there is a sticky about it, but you can search for "throttle pedal" and find a very detailed how-to in correcting this. link:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...-must-see.html

Nothing that was done at the dealer would cause this.

mlcrycc 01-24-2009 06:26 PM

I know you said Ford cleaned the entire intake....did they clean the throttle body blades?

1. Clean the throttle body

2. Go back to the stock COP's.

Try it....

mygt500 01-24-2009 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by SCCAGT (Post 5874407)
No one has yet to respond about the gas pedal delay.

If you start pushing on the gas pedal and nothing happens for just a little bit, then everything is fine and dandy, you have to deal with the gas pedal mod. Not sure there is a sticky about it, but you can search for "throttle pedal" and find a very detailed how-to in correcting this. link:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...-must-see.html

Nothing that was done at the dealer would cause this.

That is the first thing I thought of and the adaptive tune that will learn driving style and will seem slower over time......disconnect for 15 mins at least and then reconnect. After go out and do some aggressive driving so the car "learns" to adj to the new driving style. (disconnecting causes reboot and loss of prev info in computer on driving habits and you have a clean slate work with)

esanger 01-24-2009 06:39 PM

Sounds vaguely familiar to a problem I had, it was my MAF sensor..replaced it and was back in business.