Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible mustang gt owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 08:21 PM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

Ok awesome, I'm hoping to have around 1k saved up to put into the car right around the time I buy it, so I won't have to wait too long to put the headers, exhaust, and throttle body on along with the tune and cai, but are you saying that the tune will be more effective with the other breathing mods on at the same time?
Old 01-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

The tune is more effective anytime, period. But it can enhance most other mods. And TRASH the TB and TB spacer for now. A larger TB won't do squat until you have internal mods and/or are FI requiring more air. The stock TB flows as well as you need until then. And the spacer... that's just plain garbage.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:44 PM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

ok, will do, thanks man....What would you suggest as the best tires for all season?
Old 01-24-2009, 09:16 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Please please please save yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET THE MUSTANG

You will absolutely fall in love it....want to do bad things to it and in it.....it's a very sexual....I mean acceptable thing.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:20 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

rather than picking up a used gt, might I suggest looking for a new one? if you look around there are new gts out there to be had in the low 20's right now...just making the suggestion because of the mention of the caddy warranty in the first post-
I gotta agree with the tabu mention of the auto vs stick question...to me the stick in my 06(picked up dec 05) has only been a 'slight drag' once- stuck in traffic with a sore knee- it made the stop and go a bit of a pain(literally) but would never consider trading it for a auto...my wifes got a 07 pony auto, we just took it on a 5 hour(each way) road trip, and I really didnt even notice not having to shift... after seeing the new '010 revealed(not mycup of tea) went and bought a identical to the 06 GT stick to store away for whenever the 06 inevetably gives up the ghost- and paid a few K less than I did for the 06 three years ago...hated the thought of taking on a car payment again (especially with the year we've had), but I can see that there may NEVER be a cheaper time to buy a new V8 mustang- and to me the 05~09 bodystyle is far more appealing than the 10, so figured it was now or never. performance wise stick vs auto is debateable, but to me anyhow, the manual is just 'more fun' to drive for lack of better words...if you like the smooth quiet caddy, you might want to take a couple test drives, see what you think- but I work with a guy with a DTS whose wife has a gt vert stick, and know he loves driving her car, 'rough ride'(relatively speaking), reduced power(that northstar V8 is no slouch), and all, it didnt seem to 'bother him' at all- but did say with the stick for some reason he's afraid of getting tickets if he drives it too much, as its just too much fun to romp on
Old 01-24-2009, 09:41 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by swat 79
ok, will do, thanks man....What would you suggest as the best tires for all season?
"BEST..."? OMG, I hate that word. Slowly I turn, step by step... <reaching for sharp objects again...>

For tires, I recommend you go to tirerack.com and check out their ratings. As you know, any tire that's half decent in minor to moderate snow gives up performance in decent weather. My recommendation for winter driving would be to get a spare set of wheels and mount dedicated winter tires on them. Save your summer tires and wheels from the abuse of the NJ winters (I spent 36 years driving in PA winters).
Old 01-24-2009, 10:04 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

^^don't be so darn tempermental Nukie....
Old 01-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
^^don't be so darn tempermental Nukie....
I prefer to call it "eloquent abrasiveness"...

Thank you, Shella. I'll try to be a good boy (but you know THAT'S no darned fun...).
Old 01-24-2009, 10:06 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
"BEST..."? OMG, I hate that word. Slowly I turn, step by step... <reaching for sharp objects again...>

For tires, I recommend you go to tirerack.com and check out their ratings. As you know, any tire that's half decent in minor to moderate snow gives up performance in decent weather. My recommendation for winter driving would be to get a spare set of wheels and mount dedicated winter tires on them. Save your summer tires and wheels from the abuse of the NJ winters (I spent 36 years driving in PA winters).
I agree. Get summer tires and then buy a cheap set of used wheels and put some good winter tires on there.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:11 PM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke

haha, yeah i didn't mean BEST I meant most preferred. thanks, I was leaning towards that option anyway.

Quick Reply: Possible mustang gt owner