Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nose lift for Mustangs?

Old 01-28-2009, 09:14 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

Unfortunately, I don't think you can have it both ways, without getting some kind of custom control set made for a coil-over set-up. The only ones that come with remote activation would be bags/hydrolics, which will negatively affect the handling.

I guess you just have to decide. Do you want to look better going down the road, or handle better on the course? I mean, your car looks great, already. You won't have to pump it up to 4x4 to go over things. Just stock height. When your done with your drive, drop it back down.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:41 PM
lucki96gt
3rd Gear Member

This is a shot in the dark but do you adjust the coil-overs under the hood where the strut mounts are? If so, why don't you try to find a shop that can build you a set up for coil-overs that would turn the bolt for you at the flick of a switch? Kinda like a nitrous bottle opener but stronger. Like a dual(or quad for the rears) remote air wrench with an air compressor. Now that would be kick ***! Then you can have excellent handling and the great street manners.
Pull up to a steep drive and hit the switch and it make that pit-crew changing the tires noise! LOL!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

If you go with Coil-Overs from Tein, they have a module called the EDFC that you can purchase and have installed that allows you to remotely adjust the coilovers from the drivers seat. However, this only adjust damping to my knowledge. To change the ride height with coilovers, you have to rotate the threaded spring seats and I can't think of a design that would be able to turn the spring seat on the car without creating clearance problems. So coilovers aren't going to be your best choice. I don't have anything to offer other than reiterating that bags are probably your only option.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:27 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

or they have this black foam specifically for preventing scrapes where you stick it under the bumper therefore no more scrapes to the paint.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:59 AM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

oh just suck it up and bag it all around.. Its sexy and rides like your on air.
As everyone else says its "bad" for performance i would have to dissagree, I dont think its the BEST performance set up but it is a definate imporvement over stock
Old 01-29-2009, 02:19 AM
usmcpony
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
Unfortunately, I don't think you can have it both ways, without getting some kind of custom control set made for a coil-over set-up. The only ones that come with remote activation would be bags/hydrolics, which will negatively affect the handling.

I guess you just have to decide. Do you want to look better going down the road, or handle better on the course? I mean, your car looks great, already. You won't have to pump it up to 4x4 to go over things. Just stock height. When your done with your drive, drop it back down.
I do like the kit you showed me but I would hate to buy it and find out there is a kit. I am going to do more research and if all else fails I will get that kit. Also why did you get rid of Eleanor instead of your read one. It just seams you had more money in it but I could be wrong.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:21 AM
usmcpony
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by lucki96gt
This is a shot in the dark but do you adjust the coil-overs under the hood where the strut mounts are? If so, why don't you try to find a shop that can build you a set up for coil-overs that would turn the bolt for you at the flick of a switch? Kinda like a nitrous bottle opener but stronger. Like a dual(or quad for the rears) remote air wrench with an air compressor. Now that would be kick ***! Then you can have excellent handling and the great street manners.
Pull up to a steep drive and hit the switch and it make that pit-crew changing the tires noise! LOL!
That was exactly what I was thinking. Well not the pit crew noise lol.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:21 AM
usmcpony
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ChiDiddy
or they have this black foam specifically for preventing scrapes where you stick it under the bumper therefore no more scrapes to the paint.
Where can I find it???? Thats a good idea.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:22 AM
usmcpony
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07musclemustang
oh just suck it up and bag it all around.. Its sexy and rides like your on air.
As everyone else says its "bad" for performance i would have to dissagree, I dont think its the BEST performance set up but it is a definate imporvement over stock
I might have to! I agree it does look sexy.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:13 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

sounds like some sort of air system is what you're looking for

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nose lift for Mustangs?