Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fix for door rattle?

Old 01-26-2009, 10:10 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

Default fix for door rattle?

i did a search with no sucess (<--is that spelled right? lol), so... does anyone have a real fix for the rattle that comes from the left and right door window switch panels? maybe a little guidance on how to remove and install them and eliminate noises?

ever since i put the avic f700bt in, i'm getting a great rattle symphony from the enhanced stereo performance!! i allready fixed the rattle from the "dummy panel" behind the door handle that covers the screw.

thanks-
Old 01-26-2009, 10:14 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

It's "Success" LOL

Maybe Dynamat would help?
Old 01-26-2009, 11:24 PM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

Mine did the same thing after I installed my new kenwood. The rattle comes from the underside of the window switches. If you take it apart you will see what I mean. To take it apart just take a screwdriver between the window switch panel(The plastic) and the door. The rattle is coming from the casing that the window switch is in.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:25 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

-To SoCali-
i plan on doing that too, but this is a rattle in the door panel, it happens with the radio on, and when driving on rough roads. i would just take it to the dealer because i'm still under bumper to bumper warranty, but i hate reverting back to stock, specially for something this minor.

-To vtmustangs-
so what did you do to fix it? a little foam insulation might work??
Old 01-26-2009, 11:46 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Has this happened to anyone else? I have a great system in mine and never noticed it, I notice that where the window switch is, its kinda flimsy =/ and as bad as the roads are around here I have yet to hear it. Hmm foam sounds like a good idea

Last edited by So_Cali; 01-26-2009 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Ooops =)
Old 01-26-2009, 11:59 PM
ILikeBond
1st Gear Member

Mine rattles, more after 4 years than it did 4 years ago. I push it in with my elbow when it gets bad, otherwise I deal... <shrug>

Had one dealer quote me several hundred to take the doors apart and fix (after I was through warranty). No thanks!
Old 01-27-2009, 12:03 AM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

to open it just put the screwdriver where the red box is and lift up. I wrapped some electrical tape around it real tight. Could try some insulation but the window switch box just has some movement to it.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:54 AM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

ford has a TSB on it all you do is pop it off and put double sidded tape under the switch plate all around and then reinstall it. It snugs it up real good and then bye bye rattle. I had it and it drove me friggen nuts. after the fis its gone... now i got some more to track down and solve
Old 01-27-2009, 02:02 AM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

haha, i love fords TSBs. everything from 3m tape to "hit the exhaust with a hammer to see if it rattles"
Old 01-27-2009, 02:34 AM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

umm hitting the exhaust with a hammer is the best way to find an exhaust rattle or bad cat that i know of.. Do you got a better way???
Yes the switch shouldnt rattle but it does and the foam tape fixes it.. what can you do but fix it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fix for door rattle?