Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Returning an Extended Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 01:17 PM
gburke1
3rd Gear Member

Default Returning an Extended Warranty?

I bought my car back in August and want to return the Extended Warranty I purchased with it... come to find out the sales person was being dishonest and it only covers the powertrain.

I took it in and was trying to get the front suspension fixed (the famous clunking issue) and he said it was not covered under the warranty -.-

Just wondering how I would go about returning this warranty?
Old 01-31-2009, 01:26 PM
xxDerek
3rd Gear Member

Just go to the finance department and they'll have you fill out a paper, I just did it and JUST got my check yesterday. They're SO GAY though. I paid for the 75k mile warranty right? $1800... all the Mustangs come with a 3 year/36k mile warranty right? I'm at 30k miles, so technically I never touched that warranty, right?? WRONG, they pro-rated it anyways and only gave me $1400 back... WAY TO GO STEALERSHIP, so lame man!!!
Old 01-31-2009, 01:35 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by xxDerek
Just go to the finance department and they'll have you fill out a paper, I just did it and JUST got my check yesterday. They're SO GAY though. I paid for the 75k mile warranty right? $1800... all the Mustangs come with a 3 year/36k mile warranty right? I'm at 30k miles, so technically I never touched that warranty, right?? WRONG, they pro-rated it anyways and only gave me $1400 back... WAY TO GO STEALERSHIP, so lame man!!!
Thats EXACTLY why getting an extended warranty with a new car is a waste. Well, there are other reasons, but, its a good one. At least you got more than half of it back.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:35 PM
gburke1
3rd Gear Member

Thanks. I just double checked and on the paper I signed it says I have the PremiumCare warranty which I think is the full warranty... I think ill return it anyway though as it seems most of the things that go wrong with these cars have TSB's with them including the suspension issue. I totally forgot it was a TSB or I would have called the service guy out on that.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:42 PM
gburke1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by xxDerek
How long did it take for your check to come ?
Old 01-31-2009, 01:42 PM
xxDerek
3rd Gear Member

like a week and a half, maybe a couple days less, wasn't long at all
Old 01-31-2009, 01:46 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

yeah same here, i canceled mine a couple months after i bought the car. i just had them deduct from the amount i financed
Old 01-31-2009, 03:25 PM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

i need to do this as well. my mom purchased it cause the guys at the finance dept said that if my clutch goes out or if i feel like getting it swapped out for a new replacement, they will do it. i call up the dealership yesterday to see if i could get a new clutch put in just for fun. i'm at 15k and i figure gotta use the extended service plan someday, i'm almost halfway done. wrong, they say i can't unless it's broken and they have to rip my car to tell if it's broken. i was like hmm, so you have to rip my car to tell if it's broken? no thanks, goodbye.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:45 PM
gburke1
3rd Gear Member

Finance guys always seem to love pulling tricky little things like that... they will flat out lie to you to get you to sign the paper.

On my first car when I was less experienced at buying the bank would finance me for $xxxxx with a down payment of $4000. So I thought that meant $xxxxx - $4000 and when I was looking at the paper couldn't figure out why the total price was so high but the finance guy assured me there was nothing wrong and I signed it...

Well after more careful reading of the paper they charged me $xxxxx + $4000 down payment, so they ripped me for $4000 -.-
Old 01-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

I am also in the process of getting my money back for my extended warranty. I bought mine overseas though and its a little harder. First I have to find a way to get through 5 inches of snow and get a odometer reading done at the stealership near my house. All in all they said it will take 4-7 weeks to get. Also they told me the extended warranty is better than the normal one and they do pro-rate it because the extended starts when you pick the car up. I'll never buy one again and I paid cash for my car when it was brand new and its still a pain to get all this stuff faxed.

Quick Reply: Returning an Extended Warranty?