Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick question about a GT/CS bumper from ford

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

So my dad called ford while i was in school today, and they said the 6R3Z-6320049-BA is one that mounts over your bumper with two sided tape and it isnt the full bumper. Plus they said my $500 bumper has already been ordered... not sure who i can talk to at ford that actually knows what they are talking about.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

How much is the stock GT bumper? I had a wreck about a year and a half ago and asked how much extra I would have to pay to get the bumper off the GT/CS and the body shop guy told me it would be $350 on top of the price of the new GT bumper... guess I got hosed on that one... bastard...
Old 02-04-2009, 01:17 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
So my dad called ford while i was in school today, and they said the 6R3Z-6320049-BA is one that mounts over your bumper with two sided tape and it isnt the full bumper. Plus they said my $500 bumper has already been ordered... not sure who i can talk to at ford that actually knows what they are talking about.
OMG!! The are so full of crap its not even funny. Your being ripped off, are you talking to a dealership or Ford? If its a dealship you want to talk to the owner at this point. Also just for your infomation, there is no such thing as "one that mounts over your bumper with two sided tape". That is a bald face outright lie. If I was you I'd cancel my order with them and go to a local body shop and order your bumper.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:19 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Texotic
How much is the stock GT bumper? I had a wreck about a year and a half ago and asked how much extra I would have to pay to get the bumper off the GT/CS and the body shop guy told me it would be $350 on top of the price of the new GT bumper... guess I got hosed on that one... bastard...
That guy lied to you bro, the that $350 is the total cost of the bumper there is no extra GT bumper cost.......
Old 02-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

Well didn't say I had to buy both parts, but he said the $350 was the price difference between the GT bumper and GT/CS-Shelby GT bumper.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
OMG!! The are so full of crap its not even funny. Your being ripped off, are you talking to a dealership or Ford? If its a dealship you want to talk to the owner at this point. Also just for your infomation, there is no such thing as "one that mounts over your bumper with two sided tape". That is a bald face outright lie. If I was you I'd cancel my order with them and go to a local body shop and order your bumper.
Only problem with leaving them, is they have my insurance check and the bumper has already been ordered. Is there a number i can call to talk to someone that works for ford and not the dealership that would know and i could direct my local dealership too?
Old 02-04-2009, 01:34 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Only problem with leaving them, is they have my insurance check and the bumper has already been ordered. Is there a number i can call to talk to someone that works for ford and not the dealership that would know and i could direct my local dealership too?
Yes, but I would advise that you call him first and tell him whats up first before you have your dealership call him. He is a Ford parts manager at a Ford dealership.

Kevin Casey
Parts Manager Clevenger Ford Lincoln Mercury Work Ph# 1-800-570-5554 Ask For KC
Old 02-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

If they're handling your insurance claim, make them order the bumper you want. It's not your fault that they ordered the wrong part. If the body shop guy keeps being a douche about it, bring in the owner of the dealership. That's BS, you told them which bumper you wanted, they ordered the wrong one, and now they're refusing to make right?
Old 02-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Ok we talked to someone in the parts department who finally choose to look it up. and of course he comes back saying "oh... it seems it is the same bumper ujst with more hardware and a cheaper price". I think the first time they just glanced at the picture and saw the two tone look, he even said there is a stick on kit when he first started talking, but now i suppose he knows.

~10 days and i get my gt/cs bumper! Saving the $160 off the service one and hopefully 150-200 off from insurance.

Last edited by Shadow7874; 02-04-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:56 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Ok we talked to someone in the parts department who finally choose to look it up. and of course he comes back saying "oh... it seems it is the same bumper ujst with more hardware and a cheaper price". I think the first time they just glanced at the picture and saw the two tone look, he even said there is a stick on kit when he first started talking, but now i suppose he knows.

~10 and i get my gt/cs bumper! Saving the $160 off the service one and hopefully 150-200 off from insurance.
Thank God! I'm glad I was able to help save you some money and clear up the whole GT/CS & Shelby GT bumper confusion.

Quick Reply: Quick question about a GT/CS bumper from ford