Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SALEEN OR VORTEC SUPERCHARGER ?WHICH?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 07:26 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

I was gonna get a paxton but saved some more money. Just dont settle. Alwasy get what you want.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:27 PM
68ss350
2nd Gear Member

you guys really need to stop using acronymns because this guy you're trying to help comes from the Netherlands, as is my father, and he doesn't understand American car jargon LOL!! The fact that this guy lives in the Netherlands and has a Mustang is amazing. Sorry Ralph ik kann je verstan.....
Old 02-02-2009, 07:43 PM
ralphmustang
2nd Gear Member

greet !!!! yes it is so diffcult to get good info ,in The netherlands the don't have any info about superchargers and the USA dealers are telling all an other story ..they are saying you dont need to do an dyno run/test ..others saying yes you must do that....I sent an email to brenspeed and they said finnaly no dynorun/test because you get a custom tune?
I want to go for safe and not blow my enigne and have heard that a intercooler is very important so better to wait and then buy the Saleen charger??? do you al agree is that safe four your enigne???435rwHP
thank you all so much
my whole family is driving USA cars!!!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 07:44 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i like the twin screw so i would go saleen
Old 02-02-2009, 07:52 PM
ralphmustang
2nd Gear Member

what is the big difference between centri and twin??have to go to bed now it is almost morning now for me hope you guys can give me al the very best info for me .

thank you all wil give a new respons tomorrow
Old 02-02-2009, 08:47 PM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

I'm partial to the Saleen...because I have one! Pulls nice, sounds great, and chicks dig it!
Old 02-02-2009, 09:26 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

FYI if you go brenspeed and get the custom tune, sounds like your looking at the brenspeed stage 1 kit @ 470HP. A very nice kit for sure. Unless you want to deal with sending your cars computer back here to the states then wait for it to come back and all. the brenspeed kit is really nice cause they send you the tuner to reflash your cars computer yourself too. Leting you run it the same day you install.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:59 AM
ralphmustang
2nd Gear Member

hi,

this 1 I would like to have is that safe......for my enigne???
http://www.brenspeed.com/10-1607-b11313.html

thanks
Old 02-03-2009, 08:36 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

If you have the cash i would defineatly go Saleen.

For one you get about equal power with less boost. I think it is like 4 psi with the base saleen and 8 for the non intercooled Vortech. Also since you car is an auto you will get alot more usable powerband with the TS on the street. More mid range punch makes it fun.

That my 2 cents.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:59 AM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

If your car is a street car or want to have fun in the twisties, I'd say get the Saleen. I have one, I'm biased I know! With a Twin Screw (TS) supercharger it really feels like you are driving a large displacement engine. Tap the throttle and you have power at virtually any RPM. With a Centrifugal Supercharger, the power is higher in the throttle band. But for a lot of applications it doesn't matter as much (drag racing) since you are constantly in the upper revs. I don't know for sure, but my guess is that the Saleen supercharger also weighs more than the Vortech.

But one of my friend's only complaints about his Vortech is that he gets roasted by the TS guys in the twisties since they can pull out of a turn easier.

I get an idea of what he is talking about because I have had 4-cyl turbo cars (SRT-4 and now HHR SS is my daily driver), and they irk me when coming out of a bend and if the turbo is not spooled up ... and then you get a blast of power that threatens to upset your balance once the turbo spools!

Your Mustang must get TONS of looks in the Netherlands. I'd love to drive my car out in Europe, where it would be looked on as an 'exotic' LOL! Best of luck from the States!

Quick Reply: SALEEN OR VORTEC SUPERCHARGER ?WHICH?