Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering Security System Install In Recently Purchased '06 GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 04:27 AM
Ace_2000
1st Gear Member

Default Considering Security System Install In Recently Purchased '06 GT

I traded in my '04 V6 Mustang on a 2006 GT this past weekend. It has leather interior with the Shaker 500 stereo system in it so I believe it is the Premium model. In excellent condition, black exterior, Roush body kit, Interior Upgrade Package. It's a great looking car and I absolutely love its power, performance, and handling. You can really tell the S197 Mustangs were re-designed almost completely from the previous model. They feel so freaking solid! I do need to pick up some floor mats and a cap for the power point in the dash.

Something I wasn't prepared for was the amount of attention this car draws. I used to get lookers and a few people wanting to talk about my '04 V6 once in awhile. But with this car, the GT, everywhere I go at least one person has to stop me to talk about the car. If I stop for gas, whoever is getting gas at the next pump starts a conversation about it. If I go into a store, people who walk by it as I leave it or come up to it stop me to talk about it. At stop lights, people motion for me to roll down the windows so they can ask questions. I don't mind the attention, but it is kind of weird. I took delivery of it this past Saturday so I've only had it a few days, but I've already seen quite a few people just standing next to it, looking at it, even touching it. I know it's just a car, but someone ripped the spoiler off of my '04 V6 one night while it was parked in my apartment complex's lot. I don't want anything like that or worse to happen to my GT. So I'm strongly considering having an active security system installed in it.

Right now it just has the passive SecureLock system on it. I'd like an active one that will allow for Ford's keyless entry system to not be removed. I will have this system professionally installed. The problem I am facing is there aren't many options where I live. The most recommended place only sells Ungo systems and I cannot find a lot of information on them. Then there's always Best Buy, but I'm not going there as I don't trust their install techs.

I live in northeast Louisiana, so I don't need remote start to warm up my car during the cold winter months. What I want is an active security system with keyless entry and a function to pop the trunk open. I'd like to stay below $600 for the system installed.

Which leads me to my questions:

1. What do you know about Ungo vehicle security systems? Any recommendations from that product line?

2. What other vehicle security systems are out there that are of high quality and work well?

3. Anyone know of another reputable installer in or around Monroe, LA besides Suncoast Sounds? It's not that I do not like them. They installed a stereo in my '04 V6 and did a great job, so I'd have no problems going to them for the security system in my GT. I just want to know what my options are.

Thanks in advance and here's a pic of my GT!