Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hanging the laundry on an S197

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 12:55 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cad316
Fabulous run, dude. If that was last friday, i was there! but i didnt get to see u run since i was in line.
You were there then! That was last Friday!
Old 02-05-2009, 01:01 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
Love it! Hit 8's before Modaddict does or he will be the fastest S197 that's computer controlled I would love to see the 2 of you race....(of course once Mark is done with his car again)

I have a feeling he'll be at it for awhile on this build. Could be wrong but the turbo system he's planning on running is going to take some fabrication and then testing and tuning will take a bit.

Hopefully I'll be well into my Outlaw car by then!

But just incase......I sent my spare shortblock off to have a few things done to it. I plan to have a little surprise when I swap to freshen the block that's in it now!
Old 02-05-2009, 01:10 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PLstang
I have a feeling he'll be at it for awhile on this build. Could be wrong but the turbo system he's planning on running is going to take some fabrication and then testing and tuning will take a bit.

Hopefully I'll be well into my Outlaw car by then!

But just incase......I sent my spare shortblock off to have a few things done to it. I plan to have a little surprise when I swap to freshen the block that's in it now!
No doubt Eric. Actually, you are right on the money that tuning and testing are going to be the lengthly part. I'm probably about 4-6 weeks out right now for the car to be finished but the tuning and dialing it in will be done weekly at Irwindale (1/8 mile) and that will take more than a couple visits I'm suspecting; so realistically, It will probably be around 8-10 weeks before I'll see an actual event.

You know it's going to be bad *** though....lol

BTW: I'm assuming you did a sort of 'hitch' for the chute to make it easy removable by one bolt? That's what I'm doing.

Keep blasting though bro! Your car is just plain AWESOME!...

Can't wait for the outlaw to fire!!!!

Last edited by modaddict; 02-05-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:14 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Can't wait for the outlaw to fire!!!![/QUOTE]

that makes two of then ck
Old 02-05-2009, 01:24 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by modaddict
No doubt Eric. Actually, you are right on the money that tuning and testing are going to be the lengthly part. I'm probably about 4-6 weeks out right now for the car to be finished but the tuning and dialing it in will be done weekly at Irwindale (1/8 mile) and that will take more than a couple visits I'm suspecting; so realistically, It will probably be around 8-10 weeks before I'll see an actual event.

You know it's going to be bad *** though....lol

BTW: I'm assuming you did a sort of 'hitch' for the chute to make it easy removable by one bolt? That's what I'm doing.

Keep blasting though bro! Your car is just plain AWESOME!...

Can't wait for the outlaw to fire!!!!
Yeah, I got feeling it'll take a bit on the tuning. Heck a similar system with a big stuff 3 takes time......on the stock computer......uuuggghhh. Better you then me! LOL Better go ahead and order those double caliper rear brakes now!

Yeah did a hitch setup using a Jerry Bickel mount. Comes right through the license plate. When the plate is on you can't see a thing.

Well it'll fire pretty soon. However it will have 16 fuel injectors (you know what that means) so we got quite a bit of tuning to do.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

Dam, nice pass, love the car
Old 02-06-2009, 09:18 AM
rydeordie
3rd Gear Member

SWEET!!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Tommy@JPC

Originally Posted by PLstang
However, I did find out today from MM & FF that I now have the fasted stock computer S197 in the country by their records. Beat Justin Burcham's former record of 9.40 with my 9.15.
Hello all, Newbie here.

Just setting the "record" straight. Justin still holds the Stock computer record and the Quickest and Fastest 3V in the World Record. Justin's car ran multiple 8 second passes last season beginning with an 8.89. The current record which was set in November at MIR's World Cup Finals is an 8.48 @ 162mph. This was all done with the Stock processor and Diablosport Predator. The man who claims 2nd on the list is Vinny Barber with an 8.72 also with the stock processor. So congrats on your times but not quite the quickest yet. Also Justin and Vinny had the quickest side by side 3v Race ever in Bowling Green at the World Finals. Justin's 8.53 vs Vinny's 8.72.

Hope this helps.

Tommy