Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

red or black?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 05:41 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: red or black?!

Also my Dilema, Red,Blue,Tungsten............
Old 06-10-2005, 10:02 AM
huffhuff
2nd Gear Member

i love black but i think on the mustang that the body lines are not as visibile as i would like. i wanted white with red interior, bought satin silver with red and get more attention than the black 98 corvette i traded in. but my attention getter is my 1970 429 torino bodied cobra.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:17 AM
StarBuck

Dude, there is obviously a choice here which will answer all your questions. Buy the same car as I have - Black with Red interior. Brilliant!

Both of my last 2 Corvettes were red, and I hated them, but red as an interior colour cannot be beaten!

Always black for the outside, though...
Old 06-10-2005, 10:28 AM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

I went in to buy a Torch Red GT and wound up with a Black V6 due to availability issues. This is my first black car and while it is a major challenge to keep it clean even with a garage the results are worth it. Either way you go you cannot loose, both are awesome colors. I suggest you try Pinnacle Souveran wax which was developed especially for red and black cars. It is a breeze to apply and once you get three or four layers of wax on, it looks like you could stick your head in the hood the shine has so much depth. It's a little pricy but worth it to me. Good luck.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Troden
1st Gear Member

Do you want a chick car or a Muscle car?
Old 06-10-2005, 10:53 AM
MongrelMan
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NCMustangMan

I went in to buy a Torch Red GT and wound up with a Black V6 due to availability issues.
WOW.. thats a huge shift.... no offense but theres no way I'd go to a 210HP V6 if I had my heart set on a 300HP V8... you must really like the styling
Old 06-10-2005, 10:53 AM
MongrelMan
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Troden

Do you want a chick car or a Muscle car?
ok that was uncalled for
Old 06-10-2005, 11:48 AM
Troden
1st Gear Member

Let me rephrase.....Black has a power look to it. Lighter colors tend to be show cars IMHO
Old 06-10-2005, 12:09 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

I did want the GT when I went in early April but my dealer was telling me they could order one and I may or may not get a 2005 GT. I was not willing to wait. The only Red V6 they had was a vert and I did not think it was worth an extra $7,000. I saw the modifed Black V6 in the showroom, thought it looked great, wrote a check for it and drove it home. I do love the black finish and while a very small part of me does I still covet the GT, I am 99% satisfied with my V6. Mine is unlike any other 2005 I have seen and that is a nice position to be in. With the billet grill, the Steeda hood and the black paint it has a predatory look to it from the front view. Color is a very personal choice and I'm sure we all think our color is the best of the bunch.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:15 PM
ponytx
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

This is a (black) hard decision (black) to make (black), it took me quite (black) a while (2 seconds) to make up (black) my mind. In the end (black) you have to decide (black) for yourself.

This message brought to you by General Subliminal
Suddenly I want to trade in my car for a black one, I don't know why.

Quick Reply: red or black?!