Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 GT Convertible Exhaust Borla vs Corsa and tuner question

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 02:14 PM
VM7007

Question 2007 GT Convertible Exhaust Borla vs Corsa and tuner question

Hey Guys,

I am new to the forum, I have found a wealth of information here already, but need some advise on a couple of things.

I have a 2007 GT/CE Convertible. I have put on a K&N Cold Air Intake and I am in the process of installing an axle back exhaust and a tuner.

I like the sound of Borla stingers, but there are rumors of been too loud for a convertible, and there will be drone when the top is closed. Some people recommend the Corsa Xtreme which guarantees no drone.

I do not want to have obnoxious levels of sound however I do not want a pussycat exhaust either. Can anyone give me any guidance?

Further I am thinking of purchasing a tuner to improve my setup. Thinking of the SCT X3 Power Flash Mustang Custom Tuner. Any comments if this would be a useful addition to my setup or any other recommendations. Thanks a lot.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:23 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

If you can live with drone, get the Borla's, the sound is great and not obnoxious.

The only advantage the Corsa's have on the Borla's are that they do not drone.
Other than that, they have ugly mufflers that show from the rear unless you paint them black, and they are not as loud or deep as the stingers. JMO though.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:59 PM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

I have corsas. I don't think they look ugly at all. They are a fair bit more expensive though.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:22 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Vert with Corsa's and love it. Zero drone! They do show a little more than others when mounted.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:59 AM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

Also, as far as the tuner goes, get one along with a CAI from either Brenspeed or Bamachips. You'll love the different in performance.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:19 PM
fakesnake
2nd Gear Member

I have had both on my convertible. I could not live with the drone at 1800-2000 rpm of the borlas (which are FRPP as well I think), really gave me such a headache on long drives. I had to drop it into 4th to keep the revs out of this range. Sound on startup is very deep and gets pretty menacing at wide open. The Corsa have no drone at all, sound pretty mello at idle and then get pretty mean when you step into it. Its much more of an on/off switch than the Borlas which I like especially when I pass smokey the bear along the road.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:39 PM
GRABBER08GT
2nd Gear Member

I have the FRPP Stingers, they do drone at 1800-2000, just get 4:10 gears and minimize the drone. At WOT the Stingers are pure sex.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:25 PM
ABQstang89
3rd Gear Member

Are you dead set on those two brands. Maybe look at MAC's. My personal favorite but yet again, JMO. And +1 on the CAI and tune from Bren.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:29 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

put it this way, if you are a humble type of person who doesnt really like to draw a lot of attention but want a little something to make you feel like you have rumble, then get the Corsas....

BUT

if you have the attention getter type of personality and want something more than the norm, a level or 2 more aggressive than the norm, and/or a windows down type of guy so you can revel in the sound of your very own beast under the hood, than think about getting the borla stingers....

I have borla stingers and absolutely just go crazy on the sound of them while hitting the road....ive had numerous stangers driving their beasts behind mine and when we finally stop they are like "which exhaust setup is that, i can barely even hear my own car when im behind you"...im that type of guy....

it all just depends on how you are and the image you would like to portray when people hear you going down the road....

are you aggressive enuff for the borlas or a mellow fellow with conservative corsellos! ;-)

Last edited by 0NF1R; 02-11-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:29 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Well said, 0NF1R.

Quick Reply: 2007 GT Convertible Exhaust Borla vs Corsa and tuner question