Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any advice or tips on roush hoodscoop install?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 04:32 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Default Any advice or tips on roush hoodscoop install?

My hood scoop is currently in the body shop getting painted. It's going to be installed Friday evening, does anyone have any tips or advice I should give to the mechanic about installing it. It didn't come with a template so its going to be a little tuff but i think he will do a great job. I can't wait...so if you got tips/advice, please share..thanks

UPDATED ----- Pic's at the bottom!!!

Last edited by PennState; 02-13-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:40 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

no template....hmmmmm....interesting...i am in the process of replacing my stripes so i had to remove my roush scoop to get the stripes off....the car is still without the scoop on it....its sitting outside....let me go get some measurements for you....brb.....
Old 02-11-2009, 04:47 PM
rmssch89
2nd Gear Member

I would call Roush and get a template just to be safe. They once gave me a free replacement hardware kit for there trak pack grille so I would see no problem in getting a template. Unless the installer has say another Roush car to measure off of I could only see them eyeballing a good location for it while making sure it's even.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:56 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Here ya go!

http://store.roushperformance.com/im...pdf/401345.pdf

That'll be One hundred BILLION DOLLARS!
Old 02-11-2009, 05:07 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 0NF1R
no template....hmmmmm....interesting...i am in the process of replacing my stripes so i had to remove my roush scoop to get the stripes off....the car is still without the scoop on it....its sitting outside....let me go get some measurements for you....brb.....
thanks man, and do you think they have the template online somewhere to print out?
Old 02-11-2009, 05:13 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

that install procedure doesnt give drill points....

here is what i got for you...use your best judgement...

(make sure you measure your hood from left to right and use a grease pencil to draw your centerpoint line on the hood from front to rear so you can get an accurate location for your center hole)

Overall view of holes

This is the center hole measured from the windshield edge of the hood towards the front

Here is the passenger side washer hole measure from the windshield edge of the hood

Here is the drivers side washer hole measured from the drivers side fender of the hood

Here is a measurement of the front 2 passenger side scoop corner holes measured from the windshield edge of the hood

Here are the front scoop corner holes (drivers side) measured from the fender side of the hood

use a grease pencil to mark the holes on the hood before doing anything...step back to visually check to make sure everything is symetrical...make sure the mechanic uses a center punch to mark hole locations before drilling to prevent the drill bit from walking on the hood...

i know this might be a bit confusing but i hope it helps...

i would go with trying to get a template from roush if you could....

Last edited by 0NF1R; 02-11-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:19 PM
suttanstyle
2nd Gear Member

Please post pictures when install is finished, I'm debating whether or not to buy the Roush or California Special hood scoop.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:24 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Did you really overlook my 1st post LOL

The templates there...
Old 02-11-2009, 05:45 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by So_Cali
Did you really overlook my 1st post LOL

The templates there...
where...it shows a small picture of the template at an angled view but not a printable one....nor does it have hole placement measurements...

Last edited by 0NF1R; 02-11-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:45 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 0NF1R
that install procedure doesnt give drill points....

here is what i got for you...use your best judgement...

(make sure you measure your hood from left to right and use a grease pencil to draw your centerpoint line on the hood from front to rear so you can get an accurate location for your center hole)

Overall view of holes

This is the center hole measured from the windshield edge of the hood towards the front

Here is the passenger side washer hole measure from the windshield edge of the hood

Here is the drivers side washer hole measured from the drivers side fender of the hood

Here is a measurement of the front 2 passenger side scoop corner holes measured from the windshield edge of the hood

Here are the front scoop corner holes (drivers side) measured from the fender side of the hood

use a grease pencil to mark the holes on the hood before doing anything...step back to visually check to make sure everything is symetrical...make sure the mechanic uses a center punch to mark hole locations before drilling to prevent the drill bit from walking on the hood...

i know this might be a bit confusing but i hope it helps...

i would go with trying to get a template from roush if you could....
dude this is awesome, thanks soo much!!! your the man.

Quick Reply: Any advice or tips on roush hoodscoop install?