Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance, Storage, Ford Credit

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Default Insurance, Storage, Ford Credit

I finally remembered to call the insurance company and take some things off the stang while in storage. She (state farm rep) said no problem. But I may get a letter from Ford Credit (they still own it, lol) saying I cannot do that.

Anyone else with that situation?

Edit: posting in this section since most the SN95 and older guys probably already have paid theirs off.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:13 PM
PremiumSilver
2nd Gear Member

I actually just did the same thing about a month ago. My insurance agent said that they (Ford or whoever) won't be notified of any change to the insurance unless the insurance is dropped completely or below their standards.

Which suburb are you located in?

Last edited by PremiumSilver; 02-12-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:05 PM
05IDAHOGT

thats what i do..this is the second winter in a row that i just call state farm and say hey..its parked for the year..insurance drops down to an affordable 20 bux a month to sit in my garage safe and sound and best of all insured
Old 02-13-2009, 12:10 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by Stoenr
I finally remembered to call the insurance company and take some things off the stang while in storage. She (state farm rep) said no problem. But I may get a letter from Ford Credit (they still own it, lol) saying I cannot do that.

Anyone else with that situation?

Edit: posting in this section since most the SN95 and older guys probably already have paid theirs off.
My State Farm rep said the same thing....just keep making the payments and your fine. Draw attention to yourself and they may just call you up and ask to reinstate full coverage. I have done it for 3 winters now and basically never had one call.....insurance co. was just nice enough to inform you that Ford can call and require you to put insurance back on the car. no worries
Old 02-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the info guys. Next year I will remember to call them on day 1 of storage.

Greg, Oak Forest.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Shelby_Daytona
2nd Gear Member

It may be different in the US but I am in Canada and deal with Ford Credit on a daily basis (Business Mgr at a Ford dealership) so I can reinforce these answers.

If it is a Lease Ford Credit requires a copy of the insurance policy and Ford Credit must be named on the policy. If there are changes, a copy gets sent to Ford Credit.

If it is a Purchase they aren't informed of changes.

On the back of the long document you sign at the dealership, the Retail Installment Contract, Section 7. 'Buyer shall keep insurance for all risks on the property. Seller may buy such insurance and charge Buyer.' This says that the buyer agrees to keep insurance on the vehicle, but Ford Credit will never persue it, or send a letter, unless it is a Lease.

Short answer is on a Purchase no, but on a Lease yes.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Well there ya have it, lol.
*It is on a purchase.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:51 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

Hishelby i have this problem has well,i did lease mine,they have sent a letter,should i ignore them?Is there anything i can do? I do have fire and theft on it,but no liability.Thanks if you can help.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:52 PM
PremiumSilver
2nd Gear Member

I'll have to take care of mine sooner next year, too. I just took care of the insurance about a month ago.

Stoenr, I'm in Tinley Park.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:13 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PremiumSilver
I'll have to take care of mine sooner next year, too. I just took care of the insurance about a month ago.

Stoenr, I'm in Tinley Park.

Cool, we are practically neighbors, lol.
Should do some cruise nights this summer, Im always at 1 or 2 a week.

Quick Reply: Insurance, Storage, Ford Credit