Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two qucik questions, might be purchasing on Monday

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 02:15 PM
killdar
2nd Gear Member

great price but i agree wait for a color you like, not to mention the likelyhood some problems could arise w/ the car
Old 02-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

One other thought on the beads and patches in the trunk. On my pony, that carpeted panel that covers the spare and provides the "floor" of the trunk, it was bouncing around in a couple of spots and making some irritating noise. My solution was to place strips of foam tape on the metal where the "floor" was flexing and tapping against the car. This may be all you are seeing, and it may be nothing.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

LOL. The epoxy/glue all over the trunk is 100% normal.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:04 PM
gtguyonli
2nd Gear Member

Good deals are out there, just be patient. If you wait long enough the right car, right price and right color will come along. I lost out on a car that I thought was a "great" deal and now I am happy I did because the guy who purchased it is on here and he has had a few problems with it. I wound up paying a few dollars more for mine, but it has less miles and a 7 year extended warrantee from a guy who is just, if not more of a fanatic than my self. And the seller and I have remained in contact with each other, so, good things do come to those who will wait.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:39 PM
clentonz
1st Gear Member

Smile

Originally Posted by gtguyonli
Good deals are out there, just be patient. If you wait long enough the right car, right price and right color will come along. I lost out on a car that I thought was a "great" deal and now I am happy I did because the guy who purchased it is on here and he has had a few problems with it. I wound up paying a few dollars more for mine, but it has less miles and a 7 year extended warrantee from a guy who is just, if not more of a fanatic than my self. And the seller and I have remained in contact with each other, so, good things do come to those who will wait.
Originally Posted by Bmr4life
LOL. The epoxy/glue all over the trunk is 100% normal.
Thanks guys, for real.

Bmr4life-THANK YOU! Seriously, we looked at brand new 09's, GT/CS's, etc. and it was on all of them...Not one single salesman/person could tell me what it was??? It went like this....
-Me: "What is this junk in the trunk?"
-Salesman: "Uhh, you know...I have never seen that before; ain't that just the wierdest thing??"
-Me: "Well, defiantly doesn't look stock huh(as its just globed on there)?"
-Salesman: "No...No it sure doesn't.....hey >insertname<, come here. Can you tell me what that is?"
-...."all three of us staring at the trunk scrathing our heads...."

Seriously, NO ONE knew what it was(I went to like 3 dealerships), or if it was stock; or repaired from a wreck/accident. People would guess what it was....but no one KNEW for sure... So, thank you for that information; as that cleared up A LOT

And thanks to everyone else for keeping me grounded; and with a "level head". Also, I thank everyone for all of the knowledge that you all have shared on the boards. I have learned so much, to the point of were I don't even need the salesperson; I just need to look at the car(and the current market) and tell them what I think it is worth(instead of the other way around)....

By the way, I did not end up buying that Windviel blue one(thanks again; you all defiantly played a role in helping me).....lol the poor guy probably thought we were going to be an "easy sale"; until I pulled out the magnet, flashlight, ruler, personal checklist, etc. and started to go to town on the car

But to put a very very long story short; we found out that it had been in a wreck and that the dealer had not been telling to truth at all.....When I returned the stang to the dealer(from the mechanic, were he said that the odometer might have been rolled back as well), and the sales manager didn't even have the cajones to come out side(we guessed that.... he figured out the mechanic found out that it was in a wreck and he was caught in a lie).....Kinda funny, b/c the whole time the sales manager was saying how, "I personally stand behind every single vehicle I own, and I do not buy anything less than perfect; that is why I am blue oval certified, blah blah"

Either way, no harm done. I actually had a really great time car hunting with my father, with him telling me about his old 68' corvette stories, and how the S197 would romp all over it(j/k), etc....IMO, had some really good father/son time that you can't pay for

But, like one of the guys on here said..."if it sounds too good to be true, than it most likely is"....and this was defiantly a perfect example. Either way, I just wanted to thank you all; for all of the direct/indirect information that I have learned from this forum. One of these days I will find one; just wanted to express my appreciation for all of y'all's help; even when I don't own a mustang......yet

Cheers guys,

p.s. IMO, I have noticed that the prices have gone "up" on used mustangs from Dec.-Jan...I can't really find a reason for this? Like, how can the used car prices go up(especially with the 2010 mustang and camaro coming out w/ in a couple months); as well as the "general depreciation" and the auto market not doing so well?...I dunno, maybe it is just me, and a random, isolated price increase in my area; and will normalize out in due time.....At least, I hope...05-06's are going for around the same price(relatively) as the 08-09's (with the x-plan, incentives, and specials of course)....I dunno, just wondering if any of y'all noticed this?
Old 02-21-2009, 09:54 PM
clentonz
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Legion5
I wrote a really long post but scince my internet connection deleted it. I'll rewrite it another time.
It was on here for a little while...I got a chance to read it, thanks man. You don't have to rewrite it again, as its no big deal. I know, I get very paranoid when it comes to buying used cars; especially with mustangs b/c they are muscle cars and have more of a chance of being "beat on" than normal cars. Either way, thanks man.

Peace,
Old 02-21-2009, 11:49 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

get what you want dont settle
Old 02-22-2009, 03:14 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by clentonz
Thanks guys, for real.

Bmr4life-THANK YOU! Seriously, we looked at brand new 09's, GT/CS's, etc. and it was on all of them...Not one single salesman/person could tell me what it was??? It went like this....
-Me: "What is this junk in the trunk?"
-Salesman: "Uhh, you know...I have never seen that before; ain't that just the wierdest thing??"
-Me: "Well, defiantly doesn't look stock huh(as its just globed on there)?"
-Salesman: "No...No it sure doesn't.....hey >insertname<, come here. Can you tell me what that is?"
-...."all three of us staring at the trunk scrathing our heads...."

Seriously, NO ONE knew what it was(I went to like 3 dealerships), or if it was stock; or repaired from a wreck/accident. People would guess what it was....but no one KNEW for sure... So, thank you for that information; as that cleared up A LOT

And thanks to everyone else for keeping me grounded; and with a "level head". Also, I thank everyone for all of the knowledge that you all have shared on the boards. I have learned so much, to the point of were I don't even need the salesperson; I just need to look at the car(and the current market) and tell them what I think it is worth(instead of the other way around)....

By the way, I did not end up buying that Windviel blue one(thanks again; you all defiantly played a role in helping me).....lol the poor guy probably thought we were going to be an "easy sale"; until I pulled out the magnet, flashlight, ruler, personal checklist, etc. and started to go to town on the car

But to put a very very long story short; we found out that it had been in a wreck and that the dealer had not been telling to truth at all.....When I returned the stang to the dealer(from the mechanic, were he said that the odometer might have been rolled back as well), and the sales manager didn't even have the cajones to come out side(we guessed that.... he figured out the mechanic found out that it was in a wreck and he was caught in a lie).....Kinda funny, b/c the whole time the sales manager was saying how, "I personally stand behind every single vehicle I own, and I do not buy anything less than perfect; that is why I am blue oval certified, blah blah"

Either way, no harm done. I actually had a really great time car hunting with my father, with him telling me about his old 68' corvette stories, and how the S197 would romp all over it(j/k), etc....IMO, had some really good father/son time that you can't pay for

But, like one of the guys on here said..."if it sounds too good to be true, than it most likely is"....and this was defiantly a perfect example. Either way, I just wanted to thank you all; for all of the direct/indirect information that I have learned from this forum. One of these days I will find one; just wanted to express my appreciation for all of y'all's help; even when I don't own a mustang......yet

Cheers guys,
This forum really is awesome. Glad we could help in any way, clentonz.

Best of luck finding your perfect pony!
Old 02-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

The goop in the trunk that seems like it is in random places is 100% normal, as one guy already mentioned above. I noticed it in my '06 GT when I stripped everything out to Dynamat the trunk. My best guess is that its some sort of noise dampening material that Ford Engineers placed in certain places to cut down on the exhaust noise??? There is solid metal underneath it trust me....
Old 02-23-2009, 02:03 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Do not buy a late model car that has had 3 owners. There were hundreds of thousands of these Mustangs built, do a little searching.
Do not use the dealer's people to inspect the car. They won't find anything wrong with it.

Quick Reply: Two qucik questions, might be purchasing on Monday