Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the site, New car

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 11:44 AM
bourgeois_usmc

Default New to the site, New car

hey all. im new to the site and i finally got my first mustang and i dont really know where to start. i have always been a mustang fan and like i said i finally bought one, its an 05 gt mustang, i bought it with 40,000 miles on it and it has some mods that i know of. it came with a magnaflow exaust (sounds Great), a couple of other things im not too sure about. the shifter i dont believe to be stock, im fairly certain that its steeda, being that is what is stamped on the shift ****, and the dealer that i bought it from said that he thought it had a chip of some sort, under the hood on the fuse box it has a steeda cover. im not completly car eliterate but im no master tech either so if somethings i say dont make any sense you'll have to forgive me. as for what i want to do to the car, id like to keep it naturaly aspirated and do some motor work, i would also like to find a good program for my laptop so i could plug it into the car and be able to tune it. i need new tires as well and would like to have somone point me in the right direction it has perelli p zero nero 235 55r 17's on the front and bf goodrich 255 50r 17's on the back. like i said im pretty much a newb and any help/info that could point me in the right direction would be great. thanks ahead of time and stay safe. -Alex
Old 02-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Congrats on the new car and welcome to the site.
Snap a few pics for use, including under the hood.
In my opinion, i would spend a little money on exterior mods just to make your car a little more unique before putting money into performance, but everyone thinks different.

Not sure about computer tunes, but most people buy handheld tuners, and either use preprogramed tunes or have them tunes on a dyno, im sure it can be done via computer though.
A good first mod if its not already done is cold air intake and a tune.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:54 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

welcome to the best mustang site out there, and congrats on the car show us some pics
Old 02-15-2009, 11:56 AM
sharkbait20
2nd Gear Member

find out for sure about the "chip" situation. first mod you should look at is a cold air intake and handheld tuner package (BAMA, Brenspeed and VMP seem to be the top sellers in this category; i have a Brenspeed package and have not been dissapointed).
if you are going to need tires, then you should consider checking out some of our sponsers (OE wheels and American muscle are the 2 that come to the top of my head) for a set of bigger wheels/tire package (8.5's, 9, 10.5, etc). if you want to do anything after that i might reccomend something like underdrive pullies (UDP's), one piece drive almunimun driveshaft, mid pipe, suspension, cams, etc.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:02 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

there is so much you can do so just tell us what you wanna do first and everyone one here will help you out. if you need new tires i would get new rims and tires first a nice set of 18s or 20s with some wide tires in the rear like 285-295. our sponsers are great here check them out also check out discountire.com or the tirerack.com, i just order new rims and tires from discountire.com great ppl over there
Old 02-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Mach
3rd Gear Member

Congrats and welcome you came to the right place for help! How bout some pics!
Old 02-15-2009, 01:12 PM
bourgeois_usmc

thanks guys, as far as exterior mods it actualy came with some of them too. it has a great looking hood scoop and body scoops right in front of the rear fenders as well as window louvers on the small rear windows. i should have some pics within the week, ive have to borrow my buddie's digi cam and ill try to get pics of all the mods and the rest of the car. thanks for all the help and i'll talk to ya'll soon. -Alex
Old 02-15-2009, 01:19 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Welcome, and congratulations. Semper Fi!

1984-1992
Old 02-15-2009, 02:27 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Welcome, and enjoy the forums.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:43 PM
peter north
2nd Gear Member

congrats. get some 22's it would look up da hook. Also you should consider lifting the stang about 3" plus the 22's it would look bad azz.

Quick Reply: New to the site, New car