Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood Pins for a GT-S III Hood?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 12:26 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

Default Hood Pins for a GT-S III Hood?

hey guys, i want to get hood pins for my hood, but most hood pins are to centered, my hoods air vents are to far foreward so i cant use most, i found that steeda had some hood pins that are off to the side, but i dont like the look of steedas hood pins, anybody else know of any hood pins that could fit on my hood (Trufiber GT-S III) i know some people say that i dont need them unless i race, but i often go around 90, sometimes an excess of 110 on the 22 freeway, but that was prior to my hood, i havent gone any faster then 85 in the 8 months ive had it, but ide like to start going faster again. anybody know of other brand that could work for my hood?
Old 02-18-2009, 05:19 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Pm Mellowyellow (https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...wyellow06.html) or cutterwolf, or 05 mustang and I think a few others (pascal maybe) can help you on this one!
Old 02-18-2009, 07:25 AM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

shelby hood pins from shelbyperformance.com you have to bend the pin to make it slide in though. got the idea from tombstang and it worked. can't even tell.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:27 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

you can pm mikeysgt and ask him if he still has the pics and video I sent to him showing him how it was done with the shelby ones on my car, same hood so you can def make it happen, you just have to bend the pinsa after to fit flush. Im going back to bed but Ill check this when I get up and if mikey hasnt replied I will see if I can dig up the pics, not sure if i deleted them or not, there was a video also.

If not ill redo them for ya
Old 02-18-2009, 07:28 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikeysGT
shelby hood pins from shelbyperformance.com you have to bend the pin to make it slide in though. got the idea from tombstang and it worked. can't even tell.
ahahah wtf dude u must of been typing the exact same time as me. you still got the pics and vid by chance?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

thanks, now that i know it can be done il def look around, il check out shelbyperformance.com now, thanks for the help
Old 02-18-2009, 02:31 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red Beast
thanks, now that i know it can be done il def look around, il check out shelbyperformance.com now, thanks for the help
good luck , the shelby pins are pricey forsure but when compared to any other hood pins you will kno wwhy. they pwn all others easily IMO
Old 02-18-2009, 10:33 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG
ahahah wtf dude u must of been typing the exact same time as me. you still got the pics and vid by chance?

haha probably bro. i don't have that video. think i deleted it a few days later. wish i would have kept it as a "how to" on her for everyone.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:41 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

hey tomstang, when u lift up your hood, and close it, is it a little harder since ur pins are bent? so when you say bend the pins do u mean like tweak them to angles like \____/ (foreward and backslash being the pins) how does it look closeup since its sorta on a curved slant? did you do it urself or did u have a bodyshop do the drilling? are they gunna need to drill into the frame? or is there basically a hole already that they used?
thanks for ur help man
Old 02-19-2009, 01:26 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red Beast
hey tomstang, when u lift up your hood, and close it, is it a little harder since ur pins are bent? so when you say bend the pins do u mean like tweak them to angles like \____/ (foreward and backslash being the pins) how does it look closeup since its sorta on a curved slant? did you do it urself or did u have a bodyshop do the drilling? are they gunna need to drill into the frame? or is there basically a hole already that they used?
thanks for ur help man
naw bro your misunderstanding us, when we say bend the pins we mean the pins that slide through the slot of the MAIN pins that stick through the hood. I will do a video for you 2morow bro so you can see what I mean.

I Did mine at pascals shop but I had scottie email me info on how to do it and I kinda just figured it out to bend them cause pascal was stumped. so I tossed out the bending them idea and it worked. Its easy man u dont need to drill the frame or anything there are holes there already for it. Its definitly a easy job u can do yourself as long as you take your time with it. I will hook you up 2morow , my bad its 2 am ish and I didnt get back on here untill now . shoot me a pm 2 remind me also if you want.