Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No matter how hard I try...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 10:22 PM
david01130
4th Gear Member

Default No matter how hard I try...

I get the biggest ****ing door ding. I wouldnt even consider it a door ding its like an inch and a half deep gash to the metal that also dented the **** out of my door. It happened right on top of the lower crease. There is also a dent on the upper crease. It really confuses me that I ALWAYS park twice as far as anyone else in parking lots and this still happens. It looks like it was done on purpose. **** people. anyone know of a good body shop in San Diego?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:46 PM
miloman
3rd Gear Member

I remember the first dorr dinger I got on my Ranger, truck was only a week or old. I watched this biOOOOOOOTch in a red Neon open her door into mine................my jaw hit the ground and I nearly puked. I walked over to my truck while she was still there, pretty much told her off, showed her what she did, and I opened my door into hers.................looked kinda like somebody kicked her door as hard as they could.

So far, the only ding I have on the stang actually came from a locksmith. I locked my keys in my car while it was running......my spare was in my lunch box in the trunk. The guy was playing with the lock (driver door), managed to open it, got the key, made me a spare, when he went to test the spare, his hand barely slipped and scraped the paint just above the key hole. I didn't notice it right away either. It's not bad though.......I'm sure it will buff out.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:31 PM
david01130
4th Gear Member

Thats pretty funny cuz I locked my keys in my car with the car running about a week ago too. The locksmith (AAA) was also stupid except this guy scratch the **** out of my window by banging the slim jim down it a million times. That was probably the same day someone ****ed up my door. not a good day.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:34 PM
bigray327
2nd Gear Member

People suck, no doubt.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:41 PM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

Someone left me a "present" a few months ago on my passenger side rear fender. The rare time that I parked up close to run in and out of the store!!! I had just got done washing my car too. The car looked perfect, and some jack*** hits it with his/her door. It sucks.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:49 PM
killdar
2nd Gear Member

that blows, had someone put a good sized dent on my drivers side rear fender a while ago, luckily the paintless dent removal guy was able to get it out
Old 02-19-2009, 06:19 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

My car has alot of dings on the doors, including the outer edge, as in my door hit someone elses. Plus its got key marks down my hood and side. All from the previous owner though. Really annoys me that people are so careless around nice cars, or any cars for that matter.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:53 AM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

if you are in san diego go to hardcore muscle. Ernie is the founder of Stangpede. sorry man
Old 02-19-2009, 07:46 AM
ztalon
2nd Gear Member

The majority of people do not care for their cars the way we do. To them, a car is just a machine that gets them from place to place. Dings just don't matter to them.

Just watch a car ahead of you on an open road with no traffic and see if the car splashes right through a puddle in the road that could have easily been avoided. That will generally tell you if the person cares about his/her car.

At least most other people probably won't even notice the ding on your car. I've got some minor imperfections in my cars, but most of them are only noticeable under close scrutiny, so I just try not to focus on them too much. If it isn't another car door or shopping cart, it will be hail or a stone. Just a matter of time, no matter how careful you are.

It does sound like yours needs to be fixed, because it will be very noticeable to you. Good luck.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:45 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

I know how all you guys feel!Its like nobody has any respect for peoples cars anymore.That's why i never park my 08 any were anymore.I remember just other day,Came out from having brunch with friends,go to get into my 96GT and i can,t,some jackass is parked 1" from my drivers door,had to crawl through the passenger side,That's one thing my parents always told me is to respect other people and other peoples property!

Quick Reply: No matter how hard I try...