Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone installed sound deadner/dynamat in their stang?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Default Anyone installed sound deadner/dynamat in their stang?

Im starting to consider it, but not sure if it will be that noticeable.
Soon im hoping to get a louder exhaust setup, so it would be nice to be able to keep the inside of the car quieter as long as the windows are up.

Anyone have any comments as to how well it works, or if its worth it?

my stang is a 100 mile daily driven if im going to school, so ultimately im going for a more luxurious ride
Old 02-22-2009, 08:37 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Last edited by BruceH; 12-05-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:40 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

i am going to be doing my trunk here soon. i recommend using second skin instead of dynamat.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:47 PM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

I did the entire rear of my old V6 from the Front seats all the way back to the trunk lid. It helped quite a bit with road noise and my exhaust was reduced to a hum inside the car
Old 02-22-2009, 09:04 PM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

If you are getting dynamat to eliminate the "droning" caused by some exhaust systems you will be disappointed. DYnamat does not block low frequency soundwaves caused by this. Dynamat is designed to just keep the surface it is attached to, from resonating and vibrating (like your doorpanels or trunk lid). In order to kill the sound from the muffler getting into the car you need to put down that dynamat product called dynapad or whatever they call it....
Old 02-22-2009, 09:14 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

I used RAAMmat BXT to line the entire trunk, under the rear seats, the center console, and the doors. It makes the speakers sound 10 times better if you do the rear deck where the speakers are and the doors. For the doors I put it on the back of the plastic panel, all over the metal door frame, and double layers behind the speakers. It makes the bass hit much harder if you have the shaker 500. It also killed a lot of road noise. I want to order more and take apart my dash and put some under the seats as well.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:32 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jahudso2
I used RAAMmat BXT to line the entire trunk, under the rear seats, the center console, and the doors. It makes the speakers sound 10 times better if you do the rear deck where the speakers are and the doors. For the doors I put it on the back of the plastic panel, all over the metal door frame, and double layers behind the speakers. It makes the bass hit much harder if you have the shaker 500. It also killed a lot of road noise. I want to order more and take apart my dash and put some under the seats as well.
I also used that in my 01 GT to try to kill the drone with my Borla exhaust. It kinda worked (better than I hoped), but in the end only time helped with the drone.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:26 AM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

i got a matted trans tunnel and doors, result a much better sounding shaker 500 and a happier me.
I really does help with the stereo and it keeps the sound in. Add a good undercoat to the mix and wow a night and day difference
When i drop the top its like bass heaven man, with a 500 it kicks better then a oem 1000.
as for drone it will help a bit but just get the right muffs (mid muffs) and enjoy the pure sex from the muffs (turn down the stereo and throttle up) or ease on the throttle and enjoy the stereo, best of both worlds
get matted, dynamat, second skin, ect, just get matted, especially if you plan on keeping the car. wll worth the money
Old 02-24-2009, 01:22 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jahudso2
I used this too. I also used their optional foam stuff that you can spray-glue on top of the BXT mat. I did the trunk, rear deck (both sides), under the rear seats, and rear quarter panels.

It made zero improvement in drone. But the exhaust overall is a little quieter. Road noise is only a little better - would be a lot better if I did the front doors and/or floor. I may stop here because I'm not sure I want my exhaust any quieter.

Overall, this is a good product especially for bang/buck compared to dynamat.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

So how much would i need to really make a difference? it would be great to take out my seats and carpet and do the whole floor but i dont think i have the *****....
doors are no problem, headliner??

Quick Reply: Anyone installed sound deadner/dynamat in their stang?