MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   2010 Taurus SHO more HP than 2010 Mustang GT (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/519796-2010-taurus-sho-more-hp-than-2010-mustang-gt.html)

pascal 02-25-2009 08:09 PM

The purists won't be happy with a sixxer, regardless the power...
Then again, the V6 is what makes the Mustang in sale volume.

torque_is_good 02-26-2009 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by pascal (Post 5975851)
The purists won't be happy with a sixxer, regardless the power...
Then again, the V6 is what makes the Mustang in sale volume.

For a daily driver, I disagree. How good it would be to drive conservatively and rewarded with decent mpg but once you throw in the clutch, drop a gear, and get into boost, it changes and becomes a beast.

My other car is an LT1 and sure it sounds great with a loping idle and there is no mistake that it has power but, I pay for it at the pump.

For a daily driver, I'll take modern technology all day long. For fun, give me that sweet sound of cubic inches.

Mustang Boy 02-26-2009 12:14 PM

i dont know how many of you guys went to the recent autoshows that were goin on but if you did and checked out the ford section they had a cutaway of those ecoboost turbos and they are TINY so a turbo upgrade would be the first mandatory upgrade

Norm Peterson 02-26-2009 12:31 PM

As far as I'm concerned, they can keep their 50 HP if they're only going to offer it with an automatic . . .

Norm

Jost 02-26-2009 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson (Post 5977877)
As far as I'm concerned, they can keep their 50 HP if they're only going to offer it with an automatic . . .

Norm

I am definately in agreement with Norm. I would give up H.P. anyday so that I can shift.. its about haveing fun driving.

torque_is_good 02-27-2009 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jost (Post 5978168)
I am definately in agreement with Norm. I would give up H.P. anyday so that I can shift.. its about haveing fun driving.

Wait a minute........Mustangs can be bought with an automatic transmission????????????

manny trannies since 1979. I prefer "driving" a car as opposed to "riding" in a car.

powerband 03-01-2009 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by torque_is_good (Post 5975401)
just give us that engine as a choice. I wonder how solid the bottom end is. With 3.5 liters to begin, you could add a bit more boost and a few mods and easily pump over 400HP. Please add the engine as an option to the stangs.

According to industry speculation, it is likely that all future Mustangs will get this engine, not by choice but by an effort to preserve the car when all automobile companies eventually must meet federal mandatory for higher fuel-efficiency average.

Mustang Boy 03-01-2009 08:57 AM

i think when the time comes for the federally mandated fuel mileage restrictions i believe the mustang will be offered with a highly fuel efficient NA V6 and the Ecoboost motor on a mass scale but i believe they will still have a V8 option but it wont be in the numbers the current GTs are in right now maybe only like a special like a cobra or GT500 or the likes

cause according from what i have read it is only an average MPG across the whole line up of cars that a manufacturer makes so Ford could still have a marginally fuel efficient V8 as long as they have a few highly fuel efficient cars like the future Fiesta and a more fuel efficient Focus

mygt500 03-06-2009 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by pascal (Post 5968861)
Ford changed tactic with the Taurus...
It is now gonna be a luxury car, that will compete with Lexus.

So I say the hell with the SHO. Buy the cheaper GT, supercharge it and spank the Taurus with a sh#t load of money left in your pocket ;)

So true...different class of car entirely!

Originally Posted by wilkinda (Post 5966796)
Below is the link to the official Ford product release on the new 2010 Ford Taurus SHO..... 365 HP!!!!
doe that matter?
http://www.thefordstory.com/green/ta...hp-ecoboost-v/

Ford already is offering 3 differnt power packages for the GT...well exceeding what the SHO can do....remember it is a heavy luxary car NOT a muscle car and this is nothing new when the previous SHO was around. Guys get your panties in a bunch for nothing. Thanks for the link though. The MKS has this same combo as well....why are we not comparing that one too? Its apples and oranges guys from the same company......why does everyone seem so worried?

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson (Post 5977877)

Norm

I agree and without the direct inj and the 6th speed AUTO and TT's it would not be efficient.....

Originally Posted by powerband (Post 5985753)
According to industry speculation, it is likely that all future Mustangs will get this engine, not by choice but by an effort to preserve the car when all automobile companies eventually must meet federal mandatory for higher fuel-efficiency average.

This is true but I believe they will continue to offer the V8's with a turbo and direct inj and 6 speed AUTO's as an option for yet another good choice for decent HP with good gas mileage from a V8....it is just a matter of time and if we cant except change and change for the better I really worry about the state of the country and if the economy will cont to spiral to 3rd world standards..... JMO

Mark25 03-08-2009 12:44 AM

Not a big deal...remember that the Taurus SHO will weigh more than your Stang (which means that the GT will still beat it in the quarter mile) and secondly from what I read, it is limited to 130MPH...so fear not...the Stang still rules.