Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

2010 Taurus SHO more HP than 2010 Mustang GT

Old 02-25-2009, 08:09 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

The purists won't be happy with a sixxer, regardless the power...
Then again, the V6 is what makes the Mustang in sale volume.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:43 AM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal View Post
The purists won't be happy with a sixxer, regardless the power...
Then again, the V6 is what makes the Mustang in sale volume.
For a daily driver, I disagree. How good it would be to drive conservatively and rewarded with decent mpg but once you throw in the clutch, drop a gear, and get into boost, it changes and becomes a beast.

My other car is an LT1 and sure it sounds great with a loping idle and there is no mistake that it has power but, I pay for it at the pump.

For a daily driver, I'll take modern technology all day long. For fun, give me that sweet sound of cubic inches.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Mustang Boy
3rd Gear Member

Cool

i dont know how many of you guys went to the recent autoshows that were goin on but if you did and checked out the ford section they had a cutaway of those ecoboost turbos and they are TINY so a turbo upgrade would be the first mandatory upgrade
Old 02-26-2009, 12:31 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

As far as I'm concerned, they can keep their 50 HP if they're only going to offer it with an automatic . . .

Norm
Old 02-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Jost

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
As far as I'm concerned, they can keep their 50 HP if they're only going to offer it with an automatic . . .

Norm
I am definately in agreement with Norm. I would give up H.P. anyday so that I can shift.. its about haveing fun driving.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:12 PM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jost View Post
I am definately in agreement with Norm. I would give up H.P. anyday so that I can shift.. its about haveing fun driving.
Wait a minute........Mustangs can be bought with an automatic transmission????????????

manny trannies since 1979. I prefer "driving" a car as opposed to "riding" in a car.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:05 AM
powerband
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by torque_is_good View Post
just give us that engine as a choice. I wonder how solid the bottom end is. With 3.5 liters to begin, you could add a bit more boost and a few mods and easily pump over 400HP. Please add the engine as an option to the stangs.
According to industry speculation, it is likely that all future Mustangs will get this engine, not by choice but by an effort to preserve the car when all automobile companies eventually must meet federal mandatory for higher fuel-efficiency average.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Mustang Boy
3rd Gear Member

Cool

i think when the time comes for the federally mandated fuel mileage restrictions i believe the mustang will be offered with a highly fuel efficient NA V6 and the Ecoboost motor on a mass scale but i believe they will still have a V8 option but it wont be in the numbers the current GTs are in right now maybe only like a special like a cobra or GT500 or the likes

cause according from what i have read it is only an average MPG across the whole line up of cars that a manufacturer makes so Ford could still have a marginally fuel efficient V8 as long as they have a few highly fuel efficient cars like the future Fiesta and a more fuel efficient Focus
Old 03-06-2009, 05:52 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by pascal View Post
Ford changed tactic with the Taurus...
It is now gonna be a luxury car, that will compete with Lexus.

So I say the hell with the SHO. Buy the cheaper GT, supercharge it and spank the Taurus with a sh#t load of money left in your pocket
So true...different class of car entirely!
Originally Posted by wilkinda View Post
Below is the link to the official Ford product release on the new 2010 Ford Taurus SHO..... 365 HP!!!!
doe that matter?
http://www.thefordstory.com/green/ta...hp-ecoboost-v/
Ford already is offering 3 differnt power packages for the GT...well exceeding what the SHO can do....remember it is a heavy luxary car NOT a muscle car and this is nothing new when the previous SHO was around. Guys get your panties in a bunch for nothing. Thanks for the link though. The MKS has this same combo as well....why are we not comparing that one too? Its apples and oranges guys from the same company......why does everyone seem so worried?
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post

Norm
I agree and without the direct inj and the 6th speed AUTO and TT's it would not be efficient.....
Originally Posted by powerband View Post
According to industry speculation, it is likely that all future Mustangs will get this engine, not by choice but by an effort to preserve the car when all automobile companies eventually must meet federal mandatory for higher fuel-efficiency average.
This is true but I believe they will continue to offer the V8's with a turbo and direct inj and 6 speed AUTO's as an option for yet another good choice for decent HP with good gas mileage from a V8....it is just a matter of time and if we cant except change and change for the better I really worry about the state of the country and if the economy will cont to spiral to 3rd world standards..... JMO

Last edited by mygt500; 03-06-2009 at 05:54 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:44 AM
Mark25
1st Gear Member

Not a big deal...remember that the Taurus SHO will weigh more than your Stang (which means that the GT will still beat it in the quarter mile) and secondly from what I read, it is limited to 130MPH...so fear not...the Stang still rules.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Taurus SHO more HP than 2010 Mustang GT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.