Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FRPP HOT RODS JUST ORDERED!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

That's sick I didn't know that... the cams are like 700$ right? and install is another 500$? That still a good amount of money.... but cutting out the Dyno makes it a bit better.... Congratz again man haha post vids when their on there.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:10 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

awesome

Last edited by hammeron; 02-24-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:16 PM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

Yea, I've heard of the idling issues as well. Which is why I may end up with a Bama tune since Doug seems like a real standup guy.

Here's my mod setup:
C&L Racer with SCT, UDP, Bassani Catted X (gonna do a before/after with cats on/off), Bassani SS Race AB, 4.10s, Rousch Replacement Grille, Tokico D-Specs, Eibach Prokit, sitting on 18x9.5 wrapped in 275/40 R 255/45 F.

Sitting in the garage:
FRPP GT500 LCAs(going on this weekend)
Steeda adj. 3rd link
BMR panhard bar (going on this weekend)
Steeda sport shifter (possibly going in this weekend)

I'll get a pic on here sooner or later. Cell phone pics just don't do the car justice.

Is there an EASY way to switch out the cats for the cat-deletes? I remember the last time I was messing around with this on the lift it was a pain in the *** and a half.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:20 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

A LOT of people are using either a Bama tune or Brenspeed email tune with cams (Hot Rod or Thumpr) and they're fine. I think the issues were in the past when the cams were new. Now the tuners have more experience with what works an what doesn't with these lopey cams.

Even if you do have slight idle issues (probably not by now), they'll be able to work it out quickly.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:21 PM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
That's sick I didn't know that... the cams are like 700$ right? and install is another 500$? That still a good amount of money.... but cutting out the Dyno makes it a bit better.... Congratz again man haha post vids when their on there.
I got the cams for 774.91 shipped from buyfordracing. Cheapest by far for anything local and at least a hundo cheaper than any other online sites i've looked at. Install is gonna be just shy of 600 with all new gaskets.
Thought about doing it over the weekend with my stepdad but the cost for the special tools that I'll never use again is too much. Rather have it done by a professional that I can sue if my car turns into a mushroom afterwards
Old 02-23-2009, 06:23 PM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
A LOT of people are using either a Bama tune or Brenspeed email tune with cams (Hot Rod or Thumpr) and they're fine. I think the issues were in the past when the cams were new. Now the tuners have more experience with what works an what doesn't with these lopey cams.

Even if you do have slight idle issues (probably not by now), they'll be able to work it out quickly.
Do you have a thread link of brenspeed vs bama as far as the cams go? From what I've gathered bama is generally better for torque and and brenspeed is better for high end power(?)
Old 02-23-2009, 07:09 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dschmink
I got the cams for 774.91 shipped from buyfordracing. Cheapest by far for anything local and at least a hundo cheaper than any other online sites i've looked at. Install is gonna be just shy of 600 with all new gaskets.
Thought about doing it over the weekend with my stepdad but the cost for the special tools that I'll never use again is too much. Rather have it done by a professional that I can sue if my car turns into a mushroom afterwards
I just bought my intake from them :-D
Old 02-23-2009, 07:36 PM
travis_stl

Default Im looking also

I've just started looking at CAMs. My goal is to bring that old car sound back without hurting power. My problem, I have a 06 GT with a Saleen supercharger and from what I've read both the Thumpr and FRPP dont buy my much and may actually hurt my power at low RPMS? Anyone have some advice on what would give me the sound and not hurt my power? I know a tune is due also, I was going to talk with Brenspeed about that, Im not familiar with Bamachips? I also know COMP CAM makes a CAM for supercharge application but it doesnt have that lop rough idle rumble.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:36 AM
mds08
1st Gear Member

I'm running the FRPP Hot Rod cams and I did not loose any low end torque like others have with the Comp cams. I have pullies,cai,headers,x pipe,mufflers,and a dyno tune. I got 348 to the wheels.The dyno tune is a must.I have no problems with the idle. Make sure you get new cam bolts because you can only use the bolts one time.These cams pull all through the rpm range,I felt a little low end torque lose at first but the dyno tune fixed that.

Last edited by mds08; 02-24-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:30 AM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

Are you running long tube or shorty headers and is it an OR x?

Travis_stl I'm not sure about your application, but when ur making that much power you're gonna be better off going with a stage 2 stage 3 that requires spring replacing

Quick Reply: FRPP HOT RODS JUST ORDERED!!