Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Full Bolt-on list!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 09:47 AM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Legion5
Best go fast parts in each category:

CAI: Techco 100mm CAI
Full Exhaust: Kooks Headers + Kooks X Pipe/Kooks Cats + SLP Loudmouths
Driveshaft: Any aluminum one (carbon weighs more but is stronger)
UDP: whatever you want
TB Spacer: reduces horsepower doesn't increase it
TB: Techco Ported TB
CMDP: All the Same seriously man?
Heads: Ported Techco Heads
Cams: Compcams Stage 2 Extreme with Phasers
Electric Water Pump: Whatever
302 high compression stroker kit: Saleen (techco makes a less ready to instal kit that is virtually the same, get the high compresion one)
Wheels: Enkei RPF1 (come in any size, these are the lightest wheels that don't break)
Rubber: Pirreli P-Zero Rosso/drag tires
Weight: Steeda Radiator Support
Weight: Trunk Battery Relocation

~530bhp 11.0-11.6 quarter mile. $12,000 installed, which is actually low enough to save you money in the long run over buying a comparable gt500 dollar for dollar over the life of the car and you haven't even popped a supercharger on.

I'm always willing to explain what I say 100% and I put each thing on there for a specific reason.
No way anyone is hitting 530hp N/A At least not to the wheels. People with full bolt ons are only hitting 350-400 with cams. One guy with a stroker kit and cams is only hitting around 400.

Last edited by acarzt; 02-24-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1morepart
has anyone ordered this, yet
I thought Ford Racing was making one too...
Old 02-24-2009, 02:49 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

i have CAI, full exhaust (no cats), driveshaft, udp, cmcv, and the other mods in my sig...with a dyno tune, i managed to get a little under 340HP. i would say that a stroker kit, aggressive cams, and heads on my car would put me close to 500 so i dont doubt what legion says could be true...

alot depends on whether or not you were able to get one of the earliest '05s that had not been detuned yet. i got mine in october of 04. with a CAI, full exhaust, udp, and a steeda tune, i dyno'd at 315hp/333tq (the sheet is in my pics)

as for the throttle body and spacer, i would save your money for something better unless you plan on going forced induction...just forget about the spacer, buy a cheaper paper weight
Old 02-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mac10chap
i have CAI, full exhaust (no cats), driveshaft, udp, cmcv, and the other mods in my sig...with a dyno tune, i managed to get a little under 340HP. i would say that a stroker kit, aggressive cams, and heads on my car would put me close to 500 so i dont doubt what legion says could be true...

alot depends on whether or not you were able to get one of the earliest '05s that had not been detuned yet. i got mine in october of 04. with a CAI, full exhaust, udp, and a steeda tune, i dyno'd at 315hp/333tq (the sheet is in my pics)

as for the throttle body and spacer, i would save your money for something better unless you plan on going forced induction...just forget about the spacer, buy a cheaper paper weight
What do you mean about the early 05's not being detuned?
Old 02-24-2009, 04:15 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mac10chap

You people are crazy to think you're gonna get 500 rwhp N/A out of this engine.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...ade/index.html

Livernoise Stage 3 heads w/cam, Kooks LTs, and an Open Throttle body. 451 HP AT THE CRANK! That equates to about 380 rwhp after drivetrain loss. You've still got 120 rwhp to go and with all that still only gained 120whp. Add a stroker kit and one of the new IMs coming out and you'll get yourself into the 400s... but still not quite 500. By time you've done all of this tho... you're going to have spent over $10k. Those heads alone are $2900.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:12 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

Stroker kits, heads, and cams are not bolt-ons.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Jim D'Amore III (teamjdm.com) used a stroker kit, heads, cams and all the other bolt-ons to make ~353whp and is running an 11.7 (I think) with that power. When I saw that I gave up on further bolt-ons (other than a s/c or nitrous) and started making changes that made a difference in ET like tires, suspension, shifter, shift light and would like to add a launch master and line lock.

You come to a point where you can't effectively use the power. ~350whp and the right suspension, tires, etc is a good point.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Oh yeah, and some 4.56 gears to lay it all down lol .
Old 02-24-2009, 06:53 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
What do you mean about the early 05's not being detuned?

i still wanna know what this is about
Old 02-24-2009, 09:00 PM
mb2
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by funtimesalways
i still wanna know what this is about
+1 .

Quick Reply: Need Full Bolt-on list!