Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Full Bolt-on list!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 08:43 AM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
I'm mild and hitting close to 400, if I had an aggressive cam and 11:1 you'd be looking at 450 easy IMO

Exactly, not sure how that got mixed in honestly.

Yea, I didn't think it was impossible to get into the 400s... but getting all the way to 530... that's not gonna happen. 450 to the wheels with an agressive N/A setup is still a long shot from 500. And it's gonna cost a lot to get to that 450.

*edit* But I do agree an N/A beast would be friggin awesome :-P
Old 02-25-2009, 08:45 AM
abarker8541
3rd Gear Member

[QUOTE=nicksfoursix;5973477]alot depends on whether or not you were able to get one of the earliest '05s that had not been detuned yet. i got mine in october of 04. with a CAI, full exhaust, udp, and a steeda tune, i dyno'd at 315hp/333tq (the sheet is in my pics) <QUOTE>

I'm another that would like to know about these early '05s not yet being detuned. Probably one of those, "Oh yeah, my friend has a brother who knows this guy how has a friend that works down at a Ford dealership who know this guy with a dyno in his garage who ate lunch with this guy who use to work at Ford when the S-197s first come out who said...."
Facts please....Thank you

lmao. wow you went through a lot of work to type that and have it make sense. sorry for thread jacking that is just some funny shizt.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:54 AM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GeritGoul
sooo..i get 315 at the crank right now stock..your tellin me that id spend 10k in bolt-ons and still wouldnt top 400hp? ?
No... You will spend as much as $5k or less(depends on what brands you get and what deals you get) and you will end up with up to about 330rwhp or about 390 crank. I don't think i've seen anyone over 330 at the wheels before dropping in some cams. But once you drop in cams, that's not bolt-on anymore.

You can run in the 12s with full bolt ons... or if you're a really good driver you can possibly pull a 12 with just a CAI/Tune. :-P
Old 02-25-2009, 10:30 AM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

sorry for no reply..i saw BMR's question and stopped there to PM him, didnt realize more were inquiring. here is a copy of the PM i sent him....

my father's really good friend is the manager of bluebonnet service dept and body shop for 20-something years at bluebonnet ford in new braunfels, tx and gets a lot of underground info about ford. he told me before i even got my car that the first assembly of mustang gt's in 05 were not to be detuned basically so everybody would be able to see what the 4.6 3-valve's were capable of stock. however, after that run of gt's they had to start detuning them due to some EPA fee ford would have to pay for being over a certain amount of HP (i believe this is what the fee is for, dont quote me on that)
i didnt believe it either, but like i said, look at the dyno sheet in my pics. 315hp/333tq with CAI, conservative steeda tune, and full exhaust...not gonna get those numbers out of a later model GT
Old 02-25-2009, 10:37 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by mac10chap
sorry for no reply..i saw BMR's question and stopped there to PM him, didnt realize more were inquiring. here is a copy of the PM i sent him....

my father's really good friend is the manager of bluebonnet service dept and body shop for 20-something years at bluebonnet ford in new braunfels, tx and gets a lot of underground info about ford. he told me before i even got my car that the first assembly of mustang gt's in 05 were not to be detuned basically so everybody would be able to see what the 4.6 3-valve's were capable of stock. however, after that run of gt's they had to start detuning them due to some EPA fee ford would have to pay for being over a certain amount of HP (i believe this is what the fee is for, dont quote me on that)
i didnt believe it either, but like i said, look at the dyno sheet in my pics. 315hp/333tq with CAI, conservative steeda tune, and full exhaust...not gonna get those numbers out of a later model GT
I would put more money on it you got a factory freak than it being detuned. You got another tune anyway, which negates alot of the settings in your factory tune. There have been a few stock dynos of over 270 so its not a stretch to get to 315 with a few mods, throw in 5 HP dyno error and it become easier yet.

Just my take on it.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:59 AM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

i agree with that matt. like i said, this guy has always been notorious for knowing stuff ford has going on when i dont hear it from anywhere else. always seems to come true also.
wouldnt believe something like that from just anybody but in all the time i've known bo, he has never given me an excuse to discredit anything he has told me. take it with a grain of salt if yall so choose, just information given to me that i was passing along
Old 02-25-2009, 10:59 AM
OhioState87
2nd Gear Member

If at all possible, it would be interesting to see one of these "non-detuned" stock tunes compared to a "detuned" stock tune to see if there really were any substantial differences.

About the fee... I don't know much about how the EPA and HP ratings go, but the S197 GT has always been marketed as a 300HP car, so even if they didn't detune it, they were still marketing it as only 300HP. Wouldn't that make a difference?
Old 02-25-2009, 04:17 PM
06MUSTANGGT24V

ok guys i put down 291rwhp/317rwtq on dead air, no fan but i need to know about the techno stuff? What do yall think about the full bolt-on gt vs full bolt-on ta? How much does Msd do?
Old 02-25-2009, 04:50 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06MUSTANGGT24V
ok guys i put down 291rwhp/317rwtq on dead air, no fan but i need to know about the techno stuff? What do yall think about the full bolt-on gt vs full bolt-on ta? How much does Msd do?
Our cars use COPs... New ones(from what i've read) provide little to no benefit, especially when N/A. Some people say they even hurt performance.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mac10chap

By definition, detuning means putting on a lower HP tune. If you put on a custom tune, it doesn't matter what the stock tune was.

Only way that would make any sense is if the parts in the early 05's were actually mechanically different.

Last edited by Bmr4life; 02-26-2009 at 09:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Need Full Bolt-on list!