Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock Supercharger is now in route to my garage!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
I agree a stock airbox seems unsexy. But dudes....400rwhp = sexy no matter how you got there.
Haha, I know :P

Look out for the CAI and tuner on the ads soon since I will keep it "stock" until the SC warranty goes out the window.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Are they even going to warranty yours Smooth? He said "stock except for the supercharger". Does the new tranny not count, just engine mods?

When I first started looking at blowers, I was hung up on the warranty as well. I nearly went with a Roush early on for this reason. What are the odds if your car explodes in some fluke that they are REALLY going to spend thousands to put it back together? I'm not talking Edelbrock specifically, but any of them (Vortech and Roush offer similar warranties). It just seems to me to be too easy for them to come up with any # of random excuses not to cover the car. I mean, what if you were at the track doing 5000rpm clutch drops and making 12 passes a week? IDK, just thinking out loud.

I eventually gave up on the idea and just went with a conservative setup. I figured in the end if I was THAT paranoid about a paper warranty thats easily not honored anyway, my best bet would be to leave the car stock, or sell it and buy a faster car stock (GT500).
Old 04-10-2009, 05:40 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Dude, Ede wouldn't let me have the 3/36 powertrain because of my longtubes. No way they'd do it on a non-stock tranny.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
Dude, Ede wouldn't let me have the 3/36 powertrain because of my longtubes. No way they'd do it on a non-stock tranny.
Yeah thats what I was thinking. Not saying anything bad about Edelbrock here, but whether it be them, Vortech, Roush, Ford, or whomever... it would safe to assume that actually having the warranty work performed is more easily said than done. I'm not sure I would rely so heavily on having that coverage.

The warranty is administered by a company called Tier One. I have no idea who they are, but given they are an LLC, I am guessing this is NOT part of Edelbrock. Therefore, you'd be at their mercy, not Edelbrocks. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here...? If that is true, then be cautious...

I read over the warranty found here:
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...ranty_Form.pdf

Here are some highlights --

WARRANTY COVERAGE
When a Kit is correctly and completely installed by a certified Ford automotive technician or automotive service technician
certified by the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) or an Edelbrock certified installer, on an eligible, legally registered and licensed vehicle, we will cover defects in materials and workmanship during the Warranty Period, as solely determined by Tier One.

COVERED: Pistons, piston rings, piston pins, crankshaft and bearings, connecting rods and bearings, camshafts and bearings, timing chain and gears, intake/exhaust valves and seals, valve springs, oil pump, push rods, rocker arms, rocker arm shafts, and lifters, SUPERCHARGER and Supercharger kit components. All internal lubricated parts within the transmission. Rear axle, ring gear, drive pinion slinger, axle shaft, housing and housing cover.

If a failure of any of the above parts damages either the engine block or cylinder heads, a remanufactured long block assembly will be provided up to the maximum coverage of $5000.00.

COMBINED EQUALS THE TOTAL LIABILITY PER VEHICLE. THE ENGINE IS COVERED FOR $5000.00, TIER ONE’S TOTAL LIABILITY PER COVERED VEHICLE UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS LIMITED TO $8,000.00 $1500.00 PER TRANSMISSION, AND $1500.00 PER REAR AXLE.

The warranty says nothing about the possible weeks worth of time your vehicle would be out of service for repairs (rental car costs, pay lost, etc etc).

HTH, it was interesting to research a bit...

Last edited by Mudflap; 04-10-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Yea, I hear ya.... I have to drop off parts to JDM tomorrow anyway so I can talk to him about what I can do.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:48 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

so glad it worked out for you man sounds great